Pondicherry University Distance Education
Pondicherry University, Chinna Kalapet, Kalapet, Puducherry 605014
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
About Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University in India was founded in the year 1985 by the Government of India, the university is a collegiate university with jurisdiction spread over the Union Territories of Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Mode of Distance Education was introduced in the academic year 1995-96. Pondicherry University offers Postgraduate and Doctoral level programs in regular mode as well as distance education mode. University offers distance programs in multiple disciplines through its Directorate of Distance Education (DDE). Apart from the usual arts and commerce courses, the university is known for its specialized distance MBA programs
In addition to its regular courses, the university also runs 26 Diploma / Certificate Add-On Courses in the evening session. Pondicherry University DDE conducts admission process for all programs occurs twice a year, i.e. in January and in July. Applications are invited through online mode in the month of June and December. Admission to the entire course will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
The university conducts examination twice a year, i.e. in June and in December. The result of the semester and annual examinations, both are released on Pondicherry University DDE website. Candidates can easily check results by entering the examination roll number.
Official Website: www.pondiuni.edu.in
Entrance Exam: PU DDE entrance exam
Type of programme: UG, PG, MBA, PhD
Registration: Online mode
Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2020 last Dates: 29th February 2020
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Course Offered
The university offers the Correspondence MBA program in these specializations:
- Human Resource
- International Business
Duration:The MBA program is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
Any Degree student from any domain, who has completed graduation from a recognized university under the 10+2+3 or 11+2+2 or 11+1+3 system of graduate education from UGC recognized University. Since there is no entrance exam, it is very easy to secure admission to the university.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
- Students will be able to apply online to take admission for: MBA, UG and P.G
- Online Application process for Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2020 for PG and MBA courses is available at: www.pondiuni.edu.in.
- Candidates need to visit the official website and click the dedicated link provided.
- Candidate needs to APPLY ONLINE using the designated tab.
- All the important fields has to be entered proving all the required details- name, course, emal.id, address, contact details, educational details. Candidate needs to check all the entries before submitting your application.
- Passport size picture needs to be uploaded- scan passport (PP) size photograph in JPEG/JPG format, photo size should be below 35KB & dimension: 225 X 275 (w x h)
- On submission, a confirmation message for the successful submission of the application will be generated and the unique application number will also be provided- to be used for future reference only.
- In case a candidate feeds in incorrect information and submits the application: a correct details has to be send to firstname.lastname@example.org with specifying candidates application number.
- On conformation of Application, candidate has to send the printout of application form along with original certificates of HSC & UG degree for verification to confirm admission.
- The candidates awaiting the results of U.G final degree may also apply by providing the copy of the Provisional Certificate to confirm the provisional admission given to them. (scan: HSC & UG Degree Certificate in JPEG / JPG format. Certificates size should be below 50 KB)
- Candidate has to make payment of fee through online.
Payment mode:The application form must be accompanied by the following:-
- Demand draft is drawn in favor of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry” payable at Puducherry or DDE copy of challan paid in the DDE A/C no. 413264239 at Indian Bank, Pondicherry University or online payment gateway challan of DDE generated through the online application form.
- Online payment gateway challan of DDE from DDE link in Pondicherry University website www.pondiuni.edu.in.
Candidates are advised to write their Name, Course applied for, and the Phone / Mobile number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
Fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidates will have to fill in the required details correctly and upload the following documents:-
- Candidate’s recent photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of 10th class mark sheet
- Scanned copy of 12th class mark sheet
- Scanned copy of degree certificate/mark sheet (if applicable)
- Any other relevant degree certificate
- Original and attested copies of 10th class, 12th class, graduation degree mark sheet. (University will return the original copies of the mark sheets and certificates within a month of enrollment)
- One copy of photo id proof issued by any central/state government organization.
- No need to submit Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate.
Filled in application form will have to be sent to:-
Directorate of Distance Education
Note: The University also conducts Spot Admission on a provisional basis in DDE, PU. Candidates can approach the Principal or his representative at the Admission Centre with Fee Payment receipt, original and self-attested Xerox documents.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Fees 2020
Fee structure: MBA (2 years- 4 semester)
- Registration and proessing fee: INR 200
- Matriculation fee: INR 25
- University Development Fund: INR 1000
- Study material fee: INR 3500
- Tution fee: INR 20,000
Semester wise Fees:-
- First semester: INR 9925
- Second semester: INR 5000
- Third semester: INR 5000
- Fourth semester: INR 5000
- Total : INR 24,925
Fee exemption:Pondicherry University provides 100% fee concession to a physically challenged person. There is also provision for 50% fee concession for candidates who belong to the following category:
- Non-teaching employees of Pondicherry University and their wards (Group B, C & D only)
- Defense personnel in Indian Armed and Paramilitary forces
- Deserted women
Candidates applying for fee concession under these categories have to enclose proof of eligibility issued by a competent authority along with the application form.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Review and Ranking
Pondicherry University is a State University recognized by the UGC, Association of Indian Universities, Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi and the degree awarded fare equally as compared to any other state universities in India. Institute ranks in between 76-100 by NIRF.