Osmania University Distance MBA
Osmania University, Hyderabad is a public state university situated at University town, Hyderabad. The University was established in 1918 and was the third oldest university in southern India. It is India’s first university to have Urdu as a medium of instruction. Osmania University is accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade and is recognized by UGC. The University established the Centre for Distance Education in the year 1977 to enable students worldwide to connect and learn from experts at home.
Osmania University Distance MBA Course Offered
Osmania University offers two years (four semesters) distance MBA programmes as follows:
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Financial Management
The university also offers regular on campus two years MBA programmes with following specializations:
- MBA Finance
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Human Resource
- MBA Regular Systems
- MBA Technology Management Finance
- MBA Technology Management Marketing
- MBA Technology Management HR
Method of Instruction
The medium of instruction and all the study materials for the distance MBA will only be in English Medium.
- Study Material: The University provides study material to the students for all the papers consists of about 30 lessons. The material is dispatched to students in one or two installments. The enrolled students can collect these materials from University after showing the online fees receipt and Identity Card.
- Contact Programme: Osmania University arranges contact-cum-counseling classes on weekends for MBA students. The classes are held to enable students to get in contact to subject experts. The venue of classes, date and time of the classes are informed to students in advance through SMS alerts to their registered mobile number. The student must bring and show their allotted Identity Card when attending classes. The students will not be provided any Hostel/boarding arrangements and have to arrange for their own stay in Hyderabad during classes.
Osmania University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
- The candidate has to apply online for admission to distance MBA programmes offered by the University. To visit the official page for the admission form click here.
- On the above-mentioned page the candidate has to first get registered by giving basic details and paying the registration fee. The registration fee of Rs.500/– has to be paid online through Net Banking/ Debit Cards/ Credit Cards.
- The candidate has to download the Hall Ticket from the official website and affix a recent passport color photograph. The candidate will be allowed to appear in entrance test without Hall Ticket.
- Admission to MBA courses is subject to the rules and regulations of the Osmania University that are in force from time to time.
Osmania University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility
- The minimum marks in graduation required for admission in MBA program offered by Osmania University is 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for candidates belonging to ST/SC/BC categories.
- The candidate must qualify current year ICET/ OU ET (Integrated Common Entrance Test for MBA).
- The candidate must also have passed S.S.C.
- There I no age bar for admission in any MBA programmes.
Osmania University Distance MBA Fees Structure 2020
The University approved fee structure for distance MBA programmes are as follows:
|S. No.||Semester||Fees (INR)|
Osmania University Reward and Review
Osmania University is a non-profit educational institute which is funded and managed by the government. The university has given many notable alumni such as 9th Prime Minister of India P.V. Narasimha Rao, 16th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy, current CEO Adobe systems Shantanu Narayen, and many more.
Osmania University Contact Info
ADDRESS: Administrative Building, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad, Telangana State -500007
TELEPHONE: +91-40-27682284, +91-40-27682284