Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] – Kolkata
DD 26, DD Block, Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
About Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU]
As established in the year 1997, Netaji Subhas Open University is the leading State University in our country, which imparts distance education with an open-door academic policy. The foundation is recognized by U.G.C.-DEB and managed by the ramified Netaji Institute of Asian Studies (NIAS) with regard to the Act of West Bengal State Legislative Assembly, forming it as the 9th State Open University and 10th National Open University. The NSOU conveys to expand the standard human amenity pedestal of the State and to accompany further Open Universities of the nation and progress the development of the value of distance education. Its major expedition is to associate with other Higher Education Institutions for research and academic venture.
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Program Offered
The University has a felicitous prominence for commending excellent programs at UG for 3 Years/PG for two years/Ph.D. Levels for 3 – 5 Years.
|B.A. (Philosophy/Sociology/Sanskrit/Mass Communication/Bengali/English/History/Geography/Economics/Journalism/Hindi/Vedanta/Sanskrit/Political Sc.)||3 years|
|B.Com.(Computer Applications/Tax Procedure and Practice/Tourism and Travel Management/Commerce and Hotel Management/Catering)||3 years|
|M.Sc. (E.V.S./Science/PCM/Botany/Zoology/Electronics/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biotech./Computer Sc.)||2 years|
|MA (Political Science/Telugu/Hindi/Sanskrit/Sociology/Rural Development/History/Economics)||2 years|
|Certificate (Organic Agriculture and Horticulture/Safety Skills and Security Management/English for Communication/Human Rights/Woman Program)||6month/1 year|
|Ph.D (Science/Commerce/Management/Humanities/Library and Info. Science)||3-5 years|
|Diploma (Naturopathy/Mobile Maintenance/Interior Decoration/ English Language Teaching/Stress Management/Marketing)||2-4 years|
|PG Diploma (Applied Statistics/Urban Planning and Development/Analytical Chemistry/Business Operations/Educational Management & Administration)||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma (Tailoring and Dress Designing)||2 years|
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Admission Eligibility Criteria
|B.A.||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|B.Ed.||Graduation with 50-55% aggregate|
|BSW||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|BCA||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|B.Com.||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate (Commerce Stream)|
|M.Sc.||Graduation with 50% aggregate (Science stream)|
|M.Com.||Graduation with 50% aggregate (Commerce stream)|
|MCA||Graduation with 50% aggregate (Science stream)|
|MA||Graduation with 50% aggregate|
|MSW||Graduation with 55% aggregate|
|Certificate||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|M.Lib.I.Sc.||Graduation with 50% aggregate|
|PhD||Post-graduation General- 55% aggregate Reserved- 50% aggregate Must have qualified- NET/GATE/UGC/SET|
|Diploma||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|PG Diploma||Graduation with 55% aggregate|
|Advanced Diploma||Graduation with 50% aggregate|
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Admission Important Dates 2020
Below mentioned are the registration dates
|B.A. / B.Sc.||In May|
|M.A. / M.Com||3rd Week of July – Last Week of August|
Other important dates;
|Availability of Online Admission System||3rd Week of November|
|Verification of Application Forms||3rd Week of November|
|Online/Offline Fees Collection||3rd Week of November|
|Final submission of Application Form||4th Week of November|
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Admission Procedure
The application forms will be available online in July at the official website of the University www.wbnsou.ac.in.
- Candidates are required to visit the official website of the University.
- Applicants need to fill all the particulars like the candidate’s name, address, guardian’s name, academic performance, etc.
- Then they need to choose the degree for admission.
- Candidates are needed to examine and upload the photograph and signature along with other necessary certificates.
- Then pay the application fee through online mode.
- Counselors will ingress only the best candidates that are extremely confident and have the academic eagerness to commence authentic exploration.
- Incomplete forms are obligated to be rejected.
Admission is based upon the merit list and the performance in the interview.
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Program Fees
|MCA||INR 1-5 Lakhs|
|PG Diploma||INR 3-12 Lakhs (based on streams)|
|Advanced Diploma||INR 45,000|
Contact Details and Location
|Address :||DD 26, DD Block, Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064|
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Facilities
Distance education is taking a new dimension in the history of education in the nation. The Kolkata Government has demonstrated commitment to the development of distance learning by going into cooperation and partnership with different Organizations. Distance mode of education helps to update the knowledge base of professionals at their working places. So it always requires special techniques of course design, instructional techniques and communication methods, and organizational and administrative arrangements. In this mode, students are offered to study material. Distance Learning programs embrace minimal physical contact between the teacher and student but emphasize much reliance on electronic communications. Some of the facilities are described below:-
- Presentation, exhibition, and the execution of information utilizing efficiency devices.
- Use of educational modules- particular applications, for example, instructive games, drills and practice, simulations, instructional exercises, virtual lab perceptions and illustrations, representations of unique ideas, musical piece, and master frameworks.
- Use of information and assets CD-Rom, online reference book, intuitive maps and chart books, electronic diaries, and different references.
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Placement
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] is a Open University.So it does not provide placement to student.Student themselves find suitable jobs.
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Scholarships
Candidates who have either completed their diploma/graduation or are pursuing studies leading to graduation /diploma are eligible for the placement. The NSOU has a Placement Facilitation Service for School of Vocational Studies, which provides an online platform to the students to upload their resumes and is an excellent origin to be detected by the proprietor and top companies.
University Grants Commission and National Scholarship Portal will grant scholarships to the students who are eligible for applying.
Netaji Subhas Open University [NSOU] Faculties
The faculties of the Institute play a significant role in developing the status of the students and even the Institute. NSOU also has numerous faculties who work vigorously with all their might to make the organization a prominent Institute in the nation. Some of the highly-qualified faculties are mentioned below-
- Prof. Subha Sankar Sarkar is the Vice-Principal
- Sri Srideep Mukharjee, Dr. Oindrila Ghosh & Sumana Bandiyopadhyay are the Deputy Lecturers in Department of English
- Dr. Anamika Das is the Subordinate Tutor in Department of Bengali
- Arijit Ghosh is the Associate Lecturer in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Smt. Tinki Karis the Adjunct Professor in the Department of Geography
- Dr. Sintu Ganai is the Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry