BITS Pilani Distance MBA Admission 2020
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) is a private not-for-profit institute of higher education and research in India. It is a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The institute is one of the first six institutes to be awarded the Institute of Eminence status in 2018.It was established as a regional technical College with the Motto knowledge is Supreme Power but with the efforts of G.D Birla it was transformed into the top distance education university in India, rank 3 among the best institution in terms of course material and second in terms of online courses learning and information. At present BITS Pilani is the best recommendable university.
Course is Accredited by the NAAC with the highest “A” degree with a GPA of 3.71. BITS Pilani is one of the most well-known institutions in India and has consistently been ranked as among the best private engineering and management institution in the country.
BITS Pilani Distance Education offers Work Integrated Learning Programs (WILP) for Working professional, to integrate work experience and academic learning, through the online open distance-learning mode. The distance MBA program offered by the Institute is one of its flagship programs.
BITS Pilani Distance MBA Course Offered
- MBA in Consultancy Management
- MBA in Manufacturing Management
- MBA in Quality Management
- MBA in Hospital & Health Systems Management
- MBA in Finance
- Post graduate diploma in Finance.
BITS Pilani provide certificates programmes also. These are below:-
- Post Graduate Programme in Internet of Things (IoT)
- Post Graduate Programme in Big Data Engineering.
Distance MBA is a 4th semester degree course, BITS Pilani has excellent network of study centres and provides various facilities to it students online.
Semesters 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cover four courses each. The 4th semester covers Dissertation/ Project Work.
BITS Pilani Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
Application accepted from candidates who are:
- Employed professionals working in Consultancy industry or allied business organizations: holding a three year Undergraduate degree (BE/M.Sc/MBA/MCA) in relevant disciplines and with minimum two- five years of work experience.
- Candidates holding an Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent such as B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Sc. in relevant disciplines, with at least 60% aggregate marks and minimum one year of work experience in relevant domains.
BITS Pilani Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The admission process for programs under Bits Pilani Distance Education is completely online.
- Candidate needs to log in to BITS Pilani Online Application Center: www.bitsadmission.com and select the course they are interested in.
- Click on “Apply now” option on the course page. This will take you to the application form wherein candidate needs to enter their email id and create a password.
- Once your login has been created, you can anytime access the online Application Center using your email id and password.
- The WILP Bits Pilani application form is a 4 step process:-
- Candidate needs to fill in all the personal, educational and professional details followed by selection of course. Once all the selection of program and personal,communication and education details are filled. Candidate needs to click on the“Submit” button
- Candidate needs to ‘Pay Application Fee’ of INR 1,500/- using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
- Following which, the filled application form has to be downloaded in your computer. Candidate needs to take a print out of this form as well as note down the “Application Number” present at the top right corner of the form. Any future contact with BITS will be done in correspondence with this number only.
- Candidate needs to fill in the “Employer Consent Form”. This form needs to be stamped by the company’s HR and any other responsible individual/department.
- Followed by filling in “Mentor Consent Form”. This form needs to be filled by a mentor of the respective individual.
- Candidate needs to upload the list of documents given. Candidate needs to take photocopies of the required documents which will have to uploaded. (Self attestation needed)
- Post submission of the application and the documents will be scrutinized by the admission cell.
- The admission cell usually takes 2 weeks to go through the applicant’s documents and applications. Post that, candidate will be notified of the result via email.
This is the final section wherein you will be required to upload all the necessary documents one by one. Make sure the file format is any one of these- .JPEG, .DOC, .DOCX, .PDF, .ZIP.
- Attested copies of equivalent degree certificate issued by government for educational qualification.
- Birth verification: school leaving, DOB Certificate.
- Attested mark sheet of all years/ certificates.
- Work experience certificate
- Details professional resume with academic and professional attachments.
The candidate has to qualify in writing Ability Test (WAT) which conducted in Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune conducted in the month of March.
The shortlisted candidates are invited for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
The online application form is released between in month of December every academic year. The announcement of admission offer is made by the college during the month of July.
BITS Pilani Distance MBA Fees 2020
Application Fees (one time) : INR 1,500
Admission Fees (one time) : INR 16,500
Semester Fees (per semester) : INR 50,000
The one-time Application Fee has to be paid at the time of submitting the Application Form through the Online Application Centre.
Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate.
Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay Rs. 66,500/-.
Payment mode: using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre. Fee payment by easy-EMIs is also available.
Semester Fee for subsequent semesters has to be paid at the beginning of those respective semesters.
If a candidate discontinue from the programme after confirmation of admission & registration for the courses specified in the admit offer letter will loose the total amount of fees paid.
All the above fees are non-refundable in nature.
BITS Pilani Distance MBA Review and Ranking
BITS Pilani is one of the top most colleges in India. BITS Pilani has been recently recognized as an Institute of Eminence by MHRD and is India’s highest ranked non-Government Institute as declared in various reputed rankings such as QS BRICS (2019), QS Asia (2020) and QS India (2020).
Careers360 has ranked BITS Pilani 3rd best among all the distance institutes in terms of Course material, and 2nd in terms of online courses, learning and information. Furthermore, Careers360 ranks BITS the best recommendable university.