IGNOU Distance Education
Block 12, IGNOU Maidan Garhi,New Delhi – 110 068
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
The application cutoff date for IGNOU 2023 admission for the January session has been extended to February 10, 2023. For the IGNOU 2023 January session, candidates still have time to submit their applications before the cutoff date. On December 28, 2022, the university’s official website launched the online admissions process for the January session of the IGNOU Distance MBA 2023. If you’re interested in applying, visit ignou.ac.in to access the IGNOU admissions portal for 2023. If applicants want to be accepted into IGNOU distance learning in 2023, they can enroll in the program in 2023 and finish it before the deadline.
Reputable institutions have ranked this business as the top provider of distance education. Numerous recruiters and HR executives at big firms have recognized the value of degrees obtained via IGNOU Distance Education. Several countries, including Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Nepal, the United Arab Emirates, and Europe, host websites for IGNOU.
All IGNOU Distance MBA students have access to flexible learning options. Currently, there are options between 2.5 and 8 years. Due to its extraordinarily high acceptance rate, IGNOU degrees are recognized by businesses from all over the world. The AICTE, UGC, DEB (Distance Education Bureau), and AIC all recognize IGNOU. An IGNOU degree is acceptable for employment in India, according to a recently released High Court ruling.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), was started as the University in all over the country in the year of 1985 under the act of the Parliament. The IGNOU University is dreamed at assigning the world class and finest quality of higher education with respect to large number of disciplines starting from science and technology. The major and main purpose was to enrolled the students by distance learning. The students have to fit in the following three categories:-
- Those who live in the very remote or backward areas of the region and access to any of the well-recognized organization for higher education.
- Those students who are not capable to be present at the regular course because of their financial and other possible limitation.
- Those students who desire to get the higher educational qualification while they are working.
The IGNOU University is one of the finest and well-recognized and approve by University Grants Commission for Distance Education (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP), Council of Architecture (COA), The Institution of Engineers (India), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and many more.
IGNOU Distance Education Course
The college is renowned for its wide range of electives and courses offered through distance learning programs. Undergraduate, graduate, diploma, and certification programs offered online provide a wide range of choices.
The IGNOU’s distance learning programs are of great appeal to applicants. Distance learning courses are open to students worldwide.
The IGNOU distance learning courses are described in great depth here.
Over 38 Bachelor’s Programmes and 38 Master’s Programmes are available through the university, each with a different focus.
UG Courses at IGNOU
B.A- Bachelor of Arts
BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
BCA – Bachelor of Computer Application
B.Sc – Bachelor of Science
B.Com- Bachelor of Commerce
BTS- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
BSW- Bachelor of Social Work
PG Courses at IGNOU
M.A – Master of Arts
MCA – Master of Computer Application
M.Sc – Master of Science
M.Com – Master of Commerce
MBA – Master of Business Administration
MTS – Master of Tourism Studies
MSW – Master of Social Work
Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) Distance Education courses offered are given below:-
IGNOU Distance MBA Specialization:-
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Markets Practice
IGNOU Distance BBA Specialization:-
- Retailing (RL)
- Services Management (SM)
Post Graduate Diploma programs:-
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES:-
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Science (Food Nutrition) (MSCDFSM)( offered only in July Session)
- Master of Arts (Rural Development)(MARD)
- Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy) (MSCCFT)(offered only in July Session)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Arts (English) (MEG)
- Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counselling) (MSWC)
- Master of Arts (Philosophy) (MAPY)
- Master of Arts (Education) (MAEDU)
- Master of Arts (Economics) (MEC)
- Master of Arts (History) (MAH)
- Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)
- Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)
- Master of Arts (Sociology) (MSO)
- Master of Arts (Gandhi and Peace Studies) (MGPS)
- Master of Arts (Psychology) (MAPC)
- Master of Library and Information Sciences (MLIS)
- Master of Arts (Anthropology) (MAAN)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies) (MADVS)
- Master of Arts (Adult Education) (MAAE) (offered only in July Session)
- Master of Arts (Gender and Development Studies) (MAGD)
- Master of Arts (Women and Gender Studies) (MAWGS) (offered only in July Session)
- Master of Arts (Distance Education) (MADE)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master of Science (Mathematics) (MSCMACS) (offered only in January Session)
- Master of Arts (Translation Studies) (MATS)
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES:-
- Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM), Bachelor of Science (BSC)
- Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)
PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES:-
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Family Therapy (PGDCFT) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (PGDT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development (PGDESD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (PGDAC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics (PGDAST)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production (PGDAPP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
- Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration (PGDEMA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-Primary Education (PGDPPED)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Adult Education (PGDAE) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sales Management (PGDPSM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Criminal Justice (PGDCJ)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development (PGDUPDL)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Folklore and Culture Studies (PGDFCS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM)
- (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM) (offered only in January Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management (PGDFSQM)
- (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Plantation Management (PGDPM) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Book Publishing (PGDBP) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Women’s & Gender Studies (PGDWGS) (offered only in July Session)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Science (PGDSS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work Counselling (PGDCOUN)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health (PGDMH) (offered only in July Session)
IGNOU Admission Eligibility Criteria
Distance MBA Admission Eligibility:-The Student should be Graduate in any discipline with 50 % marks of General Category and 45 % marks for reserved category.
The students must have the Bachelor’s degree with three years of supervisory/ managerial/professional experience, or Professional Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine/ Architecture/ Law/ Pharmacy or Professional.
Distance BBA Admission Eligibility:-There are two categories:
Category A (Direct Entry)
- The candidate must possess a minimum qualification of 12th or equivalent standard.
Category B (Sponsored Admission)
- The candidate must possess a minimum of 12th or equivalent qualification.
- The Company must submit a letter issued by competent authority written on the Company’s letterhead and an application by the applicant to the Institute.
Reservations are also provided to the students based on government guidelines.
Entrance Exam Required for IGNOU Distance MBA Admission
The students should have addressed OPENMAT and send it to the IGNOU Headquarters (address given below), before the last date of submitting form.
Registrar Student Evaluation Division, Block 12, IGNOU Maidan Garhi,New Delhi – 110 068
IGNOU Distance Learning Admission Procedure
The Students who are looking for the admission into IGNOU distance learning courses have to filled the application form which is available on IGNOU website. After that students have to make the payment in the campus or by credit/debit card and Internet banking facility.
IGNOU Distance MBA
For a very long time (IGNOU), the Indira Gandhi Open University has been educating students. IGNOU Distance Education MBA is one of the university’s most well-liked courses. A low-cost, 2.5-year MBA program is offered online by the college. For all of the university’s distance learning programs, the application process, prerequisites, fees, and other information will be included in this article.
The MBA program is a well-known professional education program with great employment possibilities. While studying for tests, students must pay close attention to the material being covered.
A major in this area will increase a student’s chances of success and give them access to more opportunities for personal development.
Due to their ability to plan their own study sessions via the Internet mode, the candidates can establish a lean environment.
The curriculum and themes are set up so that students receive the correct amount of practical training, equipping them for the duties and responsibilities for which the organization has developed its initiative.
IGNOU Distance BBA
The IGNOU offers a three-year professional undergraduate business administration degree to distance learners. The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program is one of Indira Gandhi National Open University’s (IGNOU) finest distance learning courses in India.
IGNOU Distance Education BBA program offers courses in management studies through its division, which is also known as the School of management studies. The 1987-founded School of Management Studies offers professional management studies programs, one of which is the IGNOU Distance BBA.
IGNOU Distance Education Admission Criteria
- The candidate must have earned a diploma or a passing grade in a course for the 10+2 requirement in order to be admitted to the institution.
- According to Indian government regulations, reservations are accessible to anyone.
- When deciding whether to admit a candidate to the BBA program, the results of the personal interview will be useful to reserve their place at the IGNOU regional center.
- Instructions for the interview will be provided by the Programme Coordinator to the Regional Director.
- A candidate must receive 25 of a potential 50 points during the interview in order to guarantee their place in the university.
IGNOU Distance Education Admission 2023
The IGNOU distance education MBA admission form for 2023 will be available to new applicants in January 2023. By February 10, 2023, applicants must submit a totally completed application form.
A fee of 300 rupees is required for general category candidates. For applicants from the reserved category, the fee is 200 rupees. The application fee can be paid in any of the following ways, including debit cards, credit cards, and Internet banking.
Soon, IGNOU distance learning students will be able to apply for the yearly sessions in January and July. For the January session, registration typically opens in December or January; however, for the July session, registration opens every year in May. More than 200 distance learning programs are offered by IGNOU, the largest open university in the world. All of the degrees offered by IGNOU are on par with those offered by any other higher education institution in the globe that has received clearance and consent from the National Ranking Council.
Programs leading to undergraduate, graduate, certificate, doctoral, and diploma degrees are currently offered through IGNOU Distance MBA Admission. The only factor determining admission to IGNOU Distance education is (marks on the relevant qualifying examination). IGNOU offers a Ph.D. programme. To be accepted into these programs, candidates must pass the IGNOU OpenNet and IGNOU BEd EntranceTest exams.
IGNOU Distance Education Admission Procedure
- Visit the IGNOU website to get a prospectus and find out more information about the programs.
- The candidate must give all the details in order to register for the login credentials.
- The university will send you your special code (username or password) if you are logging in using your previous login information; if not, they will text it to you.
- You must fill out the entry form with your personal details.
- providing a signature scanned copy along with a picture.
- Along with the other required documents, a scanned copy is required.
- Use your debit or credit card or online payment service to cover the costs.
- After clicking the submit button, you can choose to print or save your receipt.
IGNOU Distance Courses Fees
- When compared to other colleges and institutions that provide the same course, the university’s management degree programs are reasonably priced, costing about 31,500 INR in total.
- The official website is where students must submit their Rs 15,500 (per semester) IGNOU Distance MBA Fee. The MBA distance learning program accepts online payments for registration fees. There is a registration fee of Rs 300 for the university’s distance MBA program for new students.
- Using a demand draft is the common way to pay IGNOU for services.
- In order to verify whether scholarships are available, the applicant should speak with the school or an admissions counselor. After reviewing the necessary information on the university website, reserved category students can submit an application for a scholarship.
- The applicant must next complete the demand draught and send it to the regional director along with their enrollment number, address, and name written on the back of the document.
IGNOU is one of the cheapest Universities in India for doing distance MBA and BBA. Distance MBA fees is starting from around INR 37,800, that aspirants can pay on semester basis and same for BBA course as well.
Given below detailed table about fees for different programs.
|Master of Business Administration||37800|
|Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance)||37800|
|Bachelors of Business Administration (Reatailing) (DIR) (offered only in July Session)||27000|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||64800|
|Master of Science (Dietetics and Food Services Management) (MSCDFSM)||32400|
|Master of Arts (Rural Development) (MARD)||10800|
|Master of Commerce (MCOM)||13200|
|Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM/MTM)|
|Master of Arts (English) (MEG)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)||10800|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)||32400|
|Master of Social Work (Counseling) (MSWC)||36000|
|Master of Arts (Philosophy) (MAPY)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Gandhi and Peace Studies) (MGPS)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Economics) (MEC)||14400|
|Master of Arts (History) (MAH)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)||10800|
|Master of Arts Sociology) (MSO)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Psychology) (MAPC)||15600|
|Master of Science (Counseling and Family Therapy) (MSCCFT)||33600|
|Master of Arts (Extension & Development Studies) (MAEDS)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Adult Education) (MAAE)||14400|
|Master in Gender & Development Studies (MAGD)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Distance Education) (MADE)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Anthropology) (MAAN)||16800|
|Master of Arts (Women’s & Gender Studies) (MAWGS)||14400|
|Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)||10800|
|Master of Arts (Translation Studies) (MATS)||10800|
|Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Studies) (BTS)||9000|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||36000|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||7200|
|Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)||7200|
|Bachelor of Science (BSC)||12600|
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)||14400|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)||6000|
|Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP)||1200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN)||18000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM)||6000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)||2400|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Translation (PGDT)||3600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operation (PGDIBO)||7800|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development (PGDESD)||6600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (PGDAC)||9600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC)||4200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production (PGDAPP)||12000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)||6600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM)||6000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management and Administration (PGDEMA)||6600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE)||3000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical (PGDPSM)||8400|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)||10200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Criminal Justice (PGDCJ)||10800|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Extension and Development Studies (PGDEDS)||5400|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Education (PGDAE)||7200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Folklore and Culture Studies (PGDFCS)||2700|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS)||4200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Women and Gender Studies (PGDWGS)||7200|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Counseling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT)||16800|
|Post Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM)||60000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Plantation Management (PGDPM)||6600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Book Publishing (PGDBP)||9000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Pre Primary Education (PGDPPED)||9600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS)||21600|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Food Safety & Quality Management (PGDFSQM)||14400|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning & Development (PGDUPDL)||3400|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics (PGDAST)||7200|
IGNOU Admission Important Dates
New Admissions Schedule for July 2023 session:
|Admission Starts||Second week of July 2023|
|Admission without late fee||To Be Announced|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 500/-||4 August, 2023 to 18 August, 2023|
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||19 August, 20201 to 4 September, 2023|
Executive MBA January 2023 session:
|Admission begin||First week of 2023 January|
|Admission without late fees||To Be Announced|
IGNOU Distance MBA Placements Opportunities
Throughout the year, a specialized Campus Placement Cell (CPC) oversees a multitude of recruiting drives, campus placement drives, employability enhancement initiatives, and career fairs at IGNOU’s corporate headquarters, regional centers, and corporate beliefs.
The IGNOU placement rate for the lowest offer available in 2022 is 80%, and the average package ranges from INR 3.5 LPA to INR 4 LPA. Through the IGNOU placement activities, candidates would have an easy time getting into leading MNCs in India.
LMS at IGNOU Distance Education
For the MBA program, the university offers study materials in both print and digital formats to support learning. There is a 15% discount offered to MBA students printing soft copies of their course materials. As an alternative, candidates can have their university addresses used to get the study materials via mail or expedited delivery. The Material Production and Distribution Division of IGNOU is responsible for this task.
Students from throughout the nation can access the study materials for IGNOU distance education courses. Every study guide is available on the eGyanKosh website for students who choose to use online resources. The readings are also accessible to MBA students through the IGNOU E-Content app, which candidates can download straight from the Google Play Store.
IGNOU Distance MBA Rewards and Review
The IGNOU University has the originated with only two programs and the strength of the students is approx 4,528. But at the time, there are more than 3 million students who are enrolled. IGNOU is one of the top and largest known Open University in India. IGNOU has the huge number who intake student admission in different online/distance courses. University is approved or recognized by AICTE, UGC and DEC.