Calicut University Distance Education
Tirur – Calicut Rd, Thenhipalam, Kerala 673635
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
About Calicut University
The University of Calicut (UC) is Kerala’s second largest University. The state government of Kerala established the university in the year 1968 at Malappuram, Kerala, India. It was created by bifurcating the Kerala University, which is the largest university in the state. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), New Delhi has Re-accredited the university with “A” Grade. The University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi has approved the University of Calicut.
The university has other branches at Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Wayanad, and Kozhikode district of Kerala and Lakshadweep Islands. For efficient functioning, the university is divided into different departments such as English, Science, Arabic, Botany, Hindi, History, Management Studies, Mathematics, Zoology, Sanskrit, Malayalam and Kerala Studies, Law and many more. Around 394 colleges within the state of Kerala are affiliated by the Calicut University. The university prepares the courses offered, syllabus, and teaching technique used by the affiliated colleges.
The University has modern infrastructure such as rich libraries, Indoor and outdoor sports halls, Gyms, cafeterias, and modern classrooms. The Library was established in the year 1971 was renamed after C.H. Mohammed Koya (Former Education Minister, Kerala). It has a collection of more than 95,000 books, 218 journals, and ten newspapers. The library is a fully automated university library, first of its kind.
The School of Distance Education (SDE) (formerly referred to as the Institute of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education) was started in the year 1981. The main reason for the establishment was to provide education to the students who can’t afford regular campus education due to personal and professional reasons. It has enabled the students of rural areas to continue their higher education without going out of the locality. The corporate executives also opt for the distance MBA program as it allows them to enhance their knowledge and resume while continuing their job.
Calicut University Distance MBA Course Offered
The University Grant Commission (UGC) approves the courses offered by the university. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has also approved the technical courses offered by the university. The university also emphasized the use of modern technologies for better teaching.
The courses offered by the School of Distance Education, University of Calicut are as follows:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- PG Diploma in International Business (PGDIB)
- PG Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGHRM)
The MBA Program offered must be availed with the specializations. The students can choose one or two specializations. In the latter case, they will receive a degree for degree specialization. The specification offered by the university are as follows:
- International Business Studies (IBS)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
The course duration of University of Calicut Distance MBA courses is mentioned in details below:
|1.||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Years||4 Semesters|
Note: The students enrolled in the MBA program must pass all the Courses successfully within five years, including the registering year.
Calicut University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for admission in the Distance MBA program offered by the university are as follows:
- The university has no age bar for admission to the Distance MBA program.
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must have passed any bachelor degree from any institute or university recognized by UGC or AICTE with not less than 50 percent in aggregate.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC, or any other reserved category will get relaxation as per the university regulations.
Calicut University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The admission procedure includes:
- The candidate must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria laid by the university. If at any stage of admission procedure, it is found that the candidate is not eligible or has fabricated the eligibility, his application will be canceled.
- The candidate must appear and qualify the entrance exam conducted by the university. The entrance examination conducted by the University for MBA admission is CUMAT (SDE). The candidate should ensure to score a minimum of 30 out of 120 marks to qualify the examination.
- The rank list will be prepared by the university considering the score in the entrance examination and in case of a tie between candidates, the age of the candidate shall be considered. The counseling of the students shall commence for admission after the release of the result and rank list.
- All the admitted candidates will be allotted their resident center for academic administration, classes, and other related activities.
Calicut University Admission Important Dates 2021
|1.||Application starts||1st week of July 2020|
|2.||Deadline of submission of application form||Last week of July 2020|
|3.||Release of Admit Card||1st week of August 2020|
|4.||Release of Result||August 2020|
Calicut University Distance MBA Fees 2021
The fee structure for University of Calicut Distance MBA is as follows:
|3.||Total course fee||6,240/-|
Calicut University Distance MBA Rewards and Review
The University of Calicut is one of the best public universities in India. It was established to provide higher formal education to society. The university has an independent Grievance Redressal Cell, which looks into the welfare and well-being of its students and staff. The university pays emphasis on sharpening the communication skills, responsibilities, leadership qualities, and innovative skills of the students. It has E-Learning facilities to utilize modern technology and provide exposure to the students. It regularly organizes festivals to encourage the students in extracurricular activities. The university also has numerous sports halls for the students. Every year students with extraordinary academic performance are awarded scholarships to ease their further studies.
Calicut University Contact Info
Address: School of Distance Education, University of Calicut, Malappuram, Kerala, Pin-673635
Contact: 0494 2407356, 2400288