Calicut University Distance Education
Tirur – Calicut Rd, Thenhipalam, Kerala 673635
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
About Calicut University
The University of Calicut (UC) is the Kerala’s second largest University. The state government of Kerala recognized and established the Calicut University in the year of 1968 at Malappuram, Kerala, India. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), New Delhi has Re-approved by the university with an “A” Grade.
The Calicut University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi has also given the approval of the University of Calicut. The Calicut University has their other branches in Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Wayanad, and Kozhikode district of Kerala and Lakshadweep Islands. For efficient and effective functioning, the Calicut university is divided into different departments such as English, Science, Arabic, Botany, Hindi, History, Management Studies, Mathematics, Zoology, Sanskrit, Malayalam and Kerala Studies, Law and many more. There are around 394 colleges within the state of Kerala are associated by the Calicut University.
The university has a history of being a well-liked destination for graduate and undergraduate studies. Candidates will have access to journals, revaluation, a grievances cell, study materials, distance education, and other services.
In 1968, a public university bearing that name was established.
India’s second-oldest university is in Kerala. It is connected to Kerala’s government. The University Grants Commission, NAAC, and other National Ranking Councils have granted the university legal accreditation and recognition.
The SDE is one of the nation’s primary platforms for distance learning. Since the department’s inception, it has played a significant role in helping those without access to necessities. As time passes, the department’s ability to help the nation’s poor population grows. The School of Distance Education at the University of Calicut offers 26 programs in total, including 12 postgraduate specialties and 14 undergraduate specialties.
Calicut University offers distance education. The university is situated in Kerala, India. Locals and Calicut University graduates agree that distance education is the most well-known and highly recommended type of instruction. With the intention of providing top-notch instruction at reasonable costs, the organization was established as a public university. This university offers resources such as books, periodicals, helpful professors, online lectures or classes, a rigorous curriculum to stay up with the expanding world, etc. This post will cover everything a prospective student should know regarding the distance learning program at Calicut University.
Calicut University Distance Course Offered
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (B.Sc)
- BA in Afzal-Ul-Ulama
- BA in Arabic
- BA in Sanskrit
- BA in Sociology
- BA in Economics
- BA in English
- BA in Hindi
- BA in Malayalam
- BA in History
- BA in Political Science
- BA in Philosophy
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Science in Mathematics (M.Sc)
- MA in Arabic
- MA in Sanskrit
- MA in Malayalam
- MA in Political Science
- MA in Philosophy
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Economics
- MA in English
- MA in Hindi
- MA in History
The MBA Programme can be offered in various specializations. Candidates can opt for 1-2 specialization. The specification offered by the university in Distance MBA prodramme are given below:-
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Studies
Calicut University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for admission in the Distance MBA program offered by the university are as follows:
- The university has no age bar for admission to the Distance MBA program.
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must have passed any bachelor degree from any institute or university recognized by UGC or AICTE with not less than 50 percent in aggregate.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC, or any other reserved category will get relaxation as per the university regulations.
Calicut University Distance Education Admission Procedure
The admission procedure includes:
- The candidate must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria laid by the university. If at any stage of admission procedure, it is found that the candidate is not eligible or has fabricated the eligibility, his application will be canceled.
- The candidate must appear and qualify the entrance exam conducted by the university. The entrance examination conducted by the University for MBA admission is CUMAT (SDE). The candidate should ensure to score a minimum of 30 out of 120 marks to qualify the examination.
- The rank list will be prepared by the university considering the score in the entrance examination and in case of a tie between candidates, the age of the candidate shall be considered. The counseling of the students shall commence for admission after the release of the result and rank list.
- All the admitted candidates will be allotted their resident center for academic administration, classes, and other related activities.
Calicut University Admission Important Dates
Calicut University Distance Learning MBA/PGDM Admission 2023
|Online Common Application Opens||March 2023|
|Online Common Application closes||June 2023|
|Counseling and Information Session Start Date||To be notified|
|Selection process start date||To be notified|
|Result Declaration Date||To be notified|
Calicut University Distance Courses Fees
The fee structure for Distance MBA at University of Calicut is as follows:
|Total course fee||6,240/-|
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Fees
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||9,000|
Calicut University Distance MBA Rewards and Review
The University of Calicut is one of the finest and best public universities in India. Calicut University was established to provide higher formal education to the society. The University has a self-governing Grievance Redressal Cell, which looks into the welfare and well-being of their students and their staff. The university pays emphasis on sharpening the communication skills, responsibilities, leadership qualities, and innovative skills of the students. The University has E-Learning facilities to make use of modern technology and provide exposure to the students. University most frequently organizes festivals to encourage the students in extracurricular activities for their growth. The Calicut University also has various sports halls for their students. Approx every year students with extraordinary and excellent academic performance are honoured with the scholarships to ease their further studies.
Calicut University Contact Info
Address: School of Distance Education, University of Calicut, Malappuram, Kerala, Pin-673635
Contact: 0494 2407356, 2400288