Kuvempu University Distance Education
Rd leading to Kuvempu University, Jnanasahyadri, Shankaragatta, Karnataka 577451
Approved By: UGC Type: Public
About Kuvempu University
Kuvempu University Distance Education is the best Distance Education University in India. It’s one of the youngest affiliating Universities in Karnataka. Kuvempu University was established in Year 1987. by the act of the Karnataka state legislature through amendment No. 28/1976 dated 29 January 1989 under the Karnataka State University Act 1976 In addition to its five constituent colleges, the university has 99 Affiliated Colleges. The university has its headquarters at Jnana Sahyadri Campus, Shimoga.
Proffering higher erudition by Distance Education Mode is a new imperative step taken by the Kuvempu University so as to facilitate student community in their keenness for attaining Post Graduate Education.
The distance MBA programs provided by Kuvempu university comprises of well-structured training materials and have a significant edge to it, which makes distance MBA aspirants more job-ready than simply groomed for exams. Kuvempu University deems that the Distance Learning erudition is an evenly good quality avenue to be made accessible to concerned students.Kuvempu University, Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) also provides education through distance learning mode for interested students, offering many programs at undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level. Recognized by the UGC and a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the degrees offered by Distance Education Directorate are corresponding to that of regular degrees. Directorate of Distance Education, Kuvempu University offers more than 40 courses at Post graduate level in the disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Law and Science and Technology.
The university offers distance MBA specialization in various fields:-
- Human Resource Management
- Tourism Management
- Marketing and Finance
- Travel and Tourism
- Marketing and Human Resource Management
- Finance and Human Resource Management
Duration of the program:-two years duration having four Semesters.
Kuvempu University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria
- MBA aspirants who are applying for PG or Post Graduate programs are required to have at least 10+2 and equivalent degree from a qualified/certified board.
- Any applicant who has passed the 3 years Degree exam of Kuvempu University or any other equivalent University and has attained not less than 45 percent marks. The degree should be acquired from a full-time college and not correspondence.
- MBA aspirants who belong to differently abled and sports category are required to have at least 40% marks. Candidates under SC and ST category must have 35% secured in their graduation from a recognized school/university.
For Kuvempu university distance M.B.A. class: Candidates have to qualify in the entrance test conducted by the university. The Entrance Test and the examination will likely be 50:50 or through the PG CET/CMAT score.
The University calls for applications for entrance exam (theory exams) followed by admission for the successful candidates.
Kuvempu University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The application form is available both offline and online Candidate needs to apply by visiting the university website: www.kuvempu.ac.in.
The university invites applications for all the courses in the month of January and July every year.
For online mode:
- Candidate needs to carefully Fill in and Select all the details in the appropriate fields of online application form- such as name of candidate and the name of Father exactly as in SSLC or equivalent certificate/Marks Card.
- Candidate needs to provide valid Mobile number and Email ID, which will be used for all further communication from the University.
- On completing candidates needs to take a printout of the application along with challan.
- Online Payment by NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer)
- State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of India Challan
- Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Finance Officer, Kuvempu University” payable at Shimoga.
The candidates have to send their Application for Registration by Registered Post with Acknowledge Due/Speed Post.
For Offline mode:Candidate have to visit the university Campus that is Located in Malligenahalli, Karnataka.
The candidate can purchase the application form offline from any of the given addresses by making a payment of the prescribed fee in the form of D.D./Cash payable at SBI, Jnana Sahyadri Branch, Shankaraghatta by making a payment of INR 150
Kuvempu University Finance Section, Shankaraghatta
Kuvempu University City centre, M.R.S. Circle, Shivamoga
P.G. Centre, Kadur
- Acknowledgment Card.
- Challan of Electronics transfer of amount paid.
- Marks sheet of final year examination as well as passing certificate of qualifying examination along with original mark sheet.
- Original marks sheets of SSC, HSC, and Degree for verification after verification they will returned apart from that one set photocopies of the same.
- Admit card and examination application form- affix one photograph in the space provided.
- Admission Registration card with stamp size photos wherever required.
Photocopies of all the required documents along with completed application form must be sent to the following address:-
Directorate of Distance Education
Shankaraghatta – 577451.
Candidate seeking admission in MBA Program has to pay Rs. 500 as Entrance Test Fees.
Course fee should be submitted post admission confirmation.
Total fee for Kuvempu University distance education MBA course is Rs. 61100. The fee is need to be paid in 4 installments.
- The first installment of Rs. 17100 need to be paid in the first semester that also includes the registration fee is Rs. 2800.
- The second installment of Rs. 14300 needs to be paid in second semester.
- The third installment of Rs. 14300 needs to be paid in third semester.
- The fourth installment of Rs. 15400 needs to be paid in fourth semester that include the fee of Rs. 1135 for PPC & convocation.
Kuvempu University Distance MBA Review and Rewards
Kuvempu University has established its name in the market of distance MBA course. The university is recognized by UGC and is the best university in Karnataka with A grade by NAAC team and it is the 1st rank university in the Karnataka and also ranked 73 ranking in India by NIRF 2019. The institute has very good placement standards.