Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA
The Jamia Millia Islamia is a Dual Mode University offering various programmes through Regular and Distance Mode education. The University caters to the interests of students from all communities, and aims to meet the particular needs of the disadvantaged sections among the Muslims University.
On 1 March 1935, the foundation stone for a school building was laid at Okhla. The fame of Jamia as an innovative education movement spread and dignitaries from foreign countries began visiting Jamia. By a Special Act of the Parliament, Jamia Millia Islamia was made a central university of India in December 1988. Jamia Milia Islamia University also provides Distance education to Foreign Students. Students find the all Notification through the Official website of the University. They also provide information about the Fee structure for all courses. University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education and University Grants Commission – Distance Education Board. It has always been an Integral part of the nation which runs various schools itself and also conducts examinations for various disciples. These schools have played a major role by being continuous practice schools of Faculty of Education.
The Jamia launched the Centre for Distance and Open Learning, with the assistance of Distance Education Council, in September 2002, to provide opportunities for higher education to those who otherwise are not able to draw benefits from the conventional systems of education. The Centre also runs an Urdu Proficiency Course; formerly Urdu Correspondence Course with a purpose is to teach Urdu through the distance mode.
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Course Offered
M.B.A.(Executive) (Self-financed/Part-time):-Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Granted approval for introducing MBA programs in distance Mode, JMI takes pride to be the first academic institution in dual mode category, CBSC semester system for the distance mode learners and will have the same curriculum syllabi and exam pattern as that of regular mode programmes as well .
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The students applying for the various distance MBA courses in the Jamia Millia University (JMU) need to fulfill certain criteria. The eligibility criterion for Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Candidate must have passed graduation or equivalent with a minimum 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized board.
- SC/ST/PWD students receive extra 5% marks along with the above eligibility criteria (according to the norms of Government of India).
- The students are also required to qualify the university entrance test which is usually conducted in the month of August.
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Admission Procedure
- Candidate needs to visit the official Jamia Milia website: www.jmi.ac.in. and apply online to obtain the admission registration form.
- The candidates are required to duly fill-up the details and pay the registration fees.
- The candidates are required to appear the entrance test conducted by the institution.
- The eligible candidates shall be selected for further admission process by the institution.
The application forms for different courses can be downloaded from the official website
The downloaded form should be accompanied with an application form fee of Rs. 500/– for all other programmes.
The admission fees can be paid online mode through the official website. The candidates should mention their details and program carefully in the online payment form.
The candidates are instructed to keep a print out copy of the application form submitted to the University for Future Reference. They should remain updated with the examination notification published in the official website regarding entrance date, admit card, results and counseling procedure.
Documents required:-Self-attested photocopies of the following documents need to be submitted along with the application form.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Certificate and Mark sheets of graduation (for PG courses only)
- 1 passport-sized colour photograph, to be pasted on the form
- The following documents need to be submitted at the time of admission along with the above for verification –
- 3 passport-sized colour photographs
- Experience certificate (if applicable)
- SC/ST certificate
- Character certificate from previous institution
- Migration/Transfer certificate
- DD for the programme fee, with the candidate’s name, application number and program code written at the back of the DD
- Proof of Enrolment (for students of Jamia Millia Islamia only)
- NOC from previous employer (if applicable)
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Fees 2020
Jamia Millia Islamia distance MBA programs: entire course fee for four semesters is:
INR 66,340 for a span of 2 years.
Tution Fee: Year 1( 33,170/-) + Year 2 ( 33,170/-)
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Admission Important Dates
Last Date to submit the Application Form: 2nd week of Feb 2020
Jamia Millia Islamia Distance MBA Review and Ranking
The University is awarded ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the year 2015. It is also been accredited by UGC, New Delhi. The Institute holds a membership and affiliations from Distance Education Bureau (DEB), Association of Commonwealth Universities, Federation of Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
According to the NIRF (National Institute Ranking Framework) 2018 rankings by MHRD, Government of India, the University is ranked 12th among all the universities and 6th among all the central universities of the country.
Placements in the university, especially in the Centre for Management Studies are pretty good. The average salary package was in the range of 5 LPA to 9 LPA + variables with various positions in the managerial post. Some previous recruiters were Swiggy, ITC Limited, Honda, Rivigo, Sharekhan, Byju’s, Urbanclap, Decathalon, Vodafone, HCL, EY, Zomato, FedEx, etc.