Indian Institute of Management [IIM] – Bangalore
Bannerghatta Main Rd, opp. to Apollo Hospitals, Sundar Ram Shetty Nagar, Bilekahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
Indian Institute of Management [IIM] – Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore (IIM-Bangalore) was established in the year 1973. It has gained the status of national importance under the IIM Act of 2017. IIM-Bangalore aims at providing both classroom knowledge with practical skills and experience for producing leading entrepreneurs and managers
IIM Bangalore Program Offered
They offer an executive post-graduate programme in the field of Management. Details are mentioned below;
|Programs||Courses||Duration (in months)|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||12 or Full time|
- IIM-Bangalore even offers Executive Education Programmes in the form of Short Duration Programmes (SDPs) or Long Duration Certificate Programmes (LDCPs)
- The time duration for Short Duration Programmes (SDPs) usually ranges from 3-5 days, whereas Long Duration Certificate Programmes (LDCPs) ranges from 2-12 months.
IIM Bangalore Admission Eligibility Criteria
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management||Candidate must have qualified bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized University or Institute. |
Valid GMAT/GRE score is mandatory
5 to 12 years of work experience
IIM Bangalore Admission Important Dates 2020
|Event||Round 1||Round 2|
|Declaration of offers and a waiting list||October||December|
Note: Months mentioned above are purely tentative.
IIM Bangalore Admission Procedure
Following are the application procedure which a candidate has to follow while applying for executive programs in IIM-Bangalore are;
- Candidate has to fill all the details (personal, educational, experience, etc.) in the application form after successful registration.
- Application fees can be paid through online mode and then finally submit the form to complete the process.
- Candidate can apply through the website of IIM-Bangalore at https://www.iimb.ac.in/programmes/ executive-postgraduate-programme-in-management.
IIM Bangalore Selection Procedure
Following are the selection criteria;
- academic eligibility
- GMAT/GRE score must be within 650-770
- required work experience
- qualifying writing ability test
- Personal Interview
- The candidate must submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) that will give an idea of the applicant’s future goals and achievements.
- Candidates qualifying from the above criteria will be called for Personal Interview.
IIM Bangalore Scholarships provided
IIM-Bangalore offers several scholarships to the students applying for Executive courses. They are;
|Merit||The amount of INR 750,000 will be awarded to the top five ranks based on CGPA at the end of two Term.|
|Admission||The scholarship amount of INR 6,00,000 will be awarded to the top five ranks in each of Rounds 1 and 2 based on their overall admission score.|
Highlights – INR 300,000 will be deducted during registration in the form of a waiver of fee;
If the candidate is in the top 25 within the class based on the CGPA at the end of two terms, then INR 300,000 will be deducted during registration in the form of a waiver of fee from the next installment.
|International||The scholarship amount of INR 10,00,000 will be awarded to the top five ranks in each of Rounds 1 and 2 based on their overall admission score. |
Highlights – Outside India, candidates (ASEAN regions and from Africa ) are eligible.INR 500,000 will be deducted during registration in the form of a waiver of fee;
If the candidate is in top 2 within the class based on the CGPA at the end of two terms, then INR 500,000 will be deducted during registration in the form of a waiver of fee from the first installment.
IIM Bangalore Program Fees
The course fee of MBA Executive in Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) is 50000 + 1000 (Library Fees). Candidates can give the course fee in two installments of rupees 25000 each. This fee is the same for both the courses.
Contact Details and Location
|Address :||Bannerghatta Main Rd, opp. to Apollo Hospitals, Sundar Ram Shetty Nagar, Bilekahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076|
IIM Bangalore Facilities
Students of IIM-Bangalore can avail many necessary facilities like,
- IT facility
- Campus-wide Wi-Fi
- sports facility
- Hostels and cafeteria
- well equipped classrooms and seminar halls
- Development centers
IIM Bangalore Placement
- IIM-B provides placement to its Executive MBA students by the help of the Career Development Services office (CDS) and the Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP) Student Placement Committee
- Major recruiters of IIM-Bangalore are Amazon, Ford, IBM, Genpact, Infosys, Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Deloitte, Walmart, etc.
- Mean average salary of the students is 24.79 (in Rs.)
IIM Bangalore Faculties
IIM-Bangalore has 107 full-time faculty members from various disciplines and with different research interests.
IIM Bangalore Ranking
- Ranked 1st according to NIRF for Management
- According to OS World University Ranking, IIM-Bangalore ranked 1st for Business & Management studies
- One of the top most B-Schools in Asia
- EFMD-EQUIS has accredited IIM-B executive course.