Indian Institute of Management, [IIM] Ahmedabad
Sargam Marg, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015
Approved By: AICTE Type: Public
About Indian Institute of Management, [IIM] Ahmedabad
Indian Institute Of Management-Ahmedabad (IIMA) is recognized as one of India’s top business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The institute is engaged in providing best management program since 1961. It is ranked among the top 3 business schools in the world by Financial Times Career Progression Category in the year 2018. It offers a one-year full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX). The courses offered by the institute are specially designed to provide a dynamic learning experience to the students. To know more visit the official website at www.iima.ac.in.
IIM Ahmedabad Program Offered
|Ph.D. Programme in Management|
|Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (MBA)|
|Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-business Management (MBA-FABM)|
|One-Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (MBA-PGPX)|
|Faculty Development Programme (FDP)|
|Armed Forces Programme (AFP)|
|ePost Graduate Programme (ePGP)|
|ePost Graduate Diploma in Advanced Business Analytics (ePGD-ABA)|
|Executive Education Programmes (EEP)|
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Eligibility Criteria
|PGP/MBA||The student must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.|
The student must appear for CAT/GMAT exam Sectional CAT 2019 percentile required is 70 and overall percentile required is 80.
Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience.Interpersonal qualities.
SC/ST/PWD students have to complete their graduation with a minimum of 45% equivalent scores.
Candidates have to further forgone and meet the requirement of Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Important Dates 2020
|List of Event||Date|
|Application procedure starts||December 05, 2019|
|Last date of Application||May 31, 2020|
|Entrance IIMA Admission Test (IAT)||June 14, 2020|
|Interview date||June 27 -28 and July 04-05, 2020|
|Last Date of paying the First instalment||August 10, 2020|
|Course starts from||September 21,2020|
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Procedure
The selection of the candidates for the admission is based on preliminary screening and shortlisting for Analytical Writing Test (AWT) & personal interview. The candidate applying for the admission can always refer to the official website of the IIM’s and the respective IIM Branch in which he/she is interested in. The admission process is purely based on the merit and the shortlisted students can further go for a personal interview conducted by IIMA officials located at different places. The international students are mostly called for video conference for a personal interview. The admission process isn’t as simple as the usual B-Schools as it holds the prestige position in the management education in the country the admission to it requires a competitive and person with interpersonal qualities with good academic and professional backgrounds.
- For the Admission process, applicants are shortlisted on the basis of CAT score.
- The Next step in IIMA Application Process is the Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Based on the performance of AWT and PI, the Admission offer letter will be sent to all the successful candidates.
IIM Ahmedabad Program Fees
AnnexureFee Structure and Schedule of Payment (PGPX 2020-21 Programme) –Round-2The Programme Fee for the 2020-21 PGPX Batch is INR 28 lakhs plus cost of International Immersion Programme(IIP). An additional amount collected as Caution Money is refunded upon completion of the Programme.
Contact Details and Location
|Address :||Sargam Marg, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015|
IIM Ahmedabad Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Institution for the welfare of the students:-
- HOSTELS– The institution provides neat and clean housing accommodation to all the students with 24 well-designed bedchambers. Interaction with the seniors are a great help for new-comers, right from guiding them in tackling difficult situations to helping them in their studies which breaks the ice between them creating a friendly and healthy environment.
- INFRASTRUCTURE– Spacious classrooms, ventilated auditorium, computer workstations, high quality Wi-Fi across the campus, air-conditioned libraries with all the important research papers and journals are arranged by the institution for the students’ academic avocation.
- FOOD– The association also provides multi-cuisine cafeteria for the students. Apart from that, the campus also has some hangout places where they can sit and have a good time during recess.
- FEST– This College is known for organizing cultural program and various events to showcase the abilities and talent of the students.
Indian Institute of Management, Amhedabad Other Campuses:
IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships
IIMA provides financial assistance to the commendable and estimable candidates. The academy offers requisite scholarships provided by the Govt. of India, Industries and Alumni. The following are the scholarships provided by IIMA:-
- T. Thomas Scholarship
- Dunia Scholarships for scholastic excellence
- OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarships
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarships
- Class of PGP 2001, Peri Viswanath Scholarship
- PGP Alumni Endowment Funds
- Shri GC Mital Entrepreneurship Aid
- Smt. J Nagamma Memorial Award
IIM Ahmedabad Placements
IIMA supervise the final placement procedure of its PGP (MBA) batch in the month of February.
Placement Statistics for PGP Batch (2019)-
|Total Students Placed||385|
|Total Offers Received||184|
|Total Number of Recruiters||33|
|Number of Companies||139|
IIM Ahmedabad Review
Indian Institute of Management is ranked as the second ‘Best Management Institute ‘ in India BY NIRF ranking. It encourages students to participate in various activities to develop leadership and managerial skills. The academic programs offered by the institute help the students to gain a strong understanding of key business functional areas. The one-year full-time residential program has credibility in terms of career progression. It also provides avenues to apply their conceptual learnings to real life and industrial problems. IIM – A is the only business school to be ranked in the top 100 institutes in the world by The Economist.