Xavier School of Management’s exams (XAT-Xavier Aptitude Test) are conducted by XLRI. This institute is one of the best B-schools which was established in the year 1949. XAT is conducted in 81 cities of India every year once in the month of January.
In this process, after the results are declared, students performance are evaluated on the basis of exams conducted in two phases.
They offer various courses like;
- General Management for executives with work experience (1 year-full time)
- Online VIL programmes (1 year)
- Management Development Programme (MDP)
- e-MDP programmes.
- Post graduate programmes in Human Resource Management and Business Management (2 year)
XLRI Admission 2021
Candidates willing to pursue their Post graduate diploma courses (PGDM) from XLRI have to qualify XAT. In 2021, the XAT entrance exam has been scheduled for 3rd January. Performance of the students will be evaluated by XLRI completely based on the 2 phases selection method
Applicants successfully qualifying the XAT entrance exam with minimum cut-off score set by XLRI will pass the phase one. For second phase of evaluation, the student has to clear both sectional and overall cut-off score.
Sectional Cut-off score for 2021
|Section||Human Resource Management||Business Management|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||85||80||80||75|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||75||70||95||93|
XLRI Selection Criteria
There are different selection criteria for different courses:
For PGDM course:
- Phase 1: Applicants need to qualify XAT exam along overall and sectional cut off.
- Phase 2: Applicants are then required to qualify the group discussion round where around 8 to 10 candidates will take part and this will be followed by a personal interview.
For PGDM (GM) course:
- Phase 1: Applicants have to clear XAT or GMAT exam along with the overall and sectional cut off.
- Phase 2: Candidates who have been shortlisted for the personal interview have to go through the process. For international or overseas applicants personal interview is conducted through online mode (Skype/ G- talk).
For PGDM (BM) course:
- Phase 1: Candidates need to clear an aptitude test or any valid entrance exam conducted by recognized bodies of the country with valid score and marks.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted candidates then have to go through a personal interview and finally the applicants are selected on their performance.
For PGDM (HRM):
- Phase 1: Candidates performance in XAT exam will be considered first.
- Phase 2: Based on their score in XAT, applicants are then shortlisted and are then called for group discussion (GD).
The selection method of XLRI Jamshedpur is standardised in nature. Final selection of candidates are based on the marks secured by the applicants in essay writing, group discussion, entrance marks, work experience and even academic performance. Overall score of the student is calculated by considering the specific weights of the each test.
Note: For more details, candidates are required to visit the official website.