XAT(Xavier Aptitude Test)
Exam Date :- 3rd Jan 2021
Apply Before :- 30th Nov 2020
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national level examination conducted every year. This online examination is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to different PGDM course offered by 150 colleges. The examination is conducted for 3 hours across 46 test centers where around 90, 000 candidates apply and appear for the examination. XAT 2021 will be conducted on 3 rd January and the results will be declared in the 3 rd week on January.
XAT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Syllabus||Decision Making Verbal & Logical Ability Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation General Knowledge|
|Exam Pattern||99-100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||Rs 1700 (General category)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into 800+ MBA colleges|
|No. of test takers||Nearly 95,000|
|No. of Test Cities||72|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||18002674008|
XAT Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for XAT examination:
- The candidates must bear a graduate degree from a recognized University.
- Students who are in their final year of bachelor’s degree can also apply but they have to submit their certificates at the time of admission.
- There is no age limit for applying the exam.
- Foreign candidates can apply based on their GMAT scores. Students belonging to Dubai or Kathmandu and Dubai need not need to provide their GMAT scores because exam centers are already present there.
- For general management course, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 year of work experience.
XAT 2021 Important Dates
|XAT & XLRI Registration Process Start Date||September 12, 2020|
|Registration Process End Date||November 30, 2020|
|XAT 2021 Admit Card||December 21, 2020, onward|
|XAT 2021 Exam||January 3, 2021|
|XAT 2021 Official Answer Key||To be announced|
|XAT 2021 Result Date||By January 31, 2021|
XAT 2021 registration started on 12 th September and will continue till 30 th November. The candidates need to go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
Following is the registration method:
- First the candidate needs to visit the official website xatonline.in and click on the “register”.
- Registration needs to be completed using email id and then a XAT id will be created.
- A link will be sent to the provided mail and the candidate needs to continue with the registration by clicking on the link and creating a login password.
- After successful login, candidates need to enter details, like exam center, photo and signature and the provided links.
- Other personal details like educational qualification, experience, programme details etc. are needed to be provided.
- Finally after submitting the details, candidates need to pay the application fees. A total of 1700 INR (300 INR per XLRI programme) needs to be submitted but as late fees the candidate needs to pay 2000 INR (500 INR per XLRI programme). Payments can be done by debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
XAT Exam Pattern
XAT is an online examination that is conducted for a total duration of 3 hours. The exam paper is broadly divided into 4 sections namely:
- Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision making
The total number of questions changes every year. Each question carries 1 mark. For each correct answer 1 mark is awarded and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks are deducted. If a candidate does not attend more than 8 questions then and extra 0.05 marks are deducted for each unattempted question.
XAT 2021 syllabus includes sections from verbal and logical ability, decision making, quantitative ability and data interpretation. Each of these section includes different topics, which the students have to prepare thoroughly before sitting for the examination. The detail syllabus with sections and different topics are given below;
|Verbal and Logical Ability (VA and LR)||Paragraph Formation Questions, Fill in the blanks, synonyms/antonyms, Analogy-Based on Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning/ Inference, |
Para Jumble, Poem, Para Completion, Sentence Correction, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehensions, Grammar, Pronunciation, Cloze Test, etc.
|Decision Making||Arithmetic, Complex Arrangement Situational, Analytical Reasoning, Conditions and Grouping Test etc.|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA and DI)||Quantitative Ability, Algebra, LCM and HCF, Arithmetic, Percentages, Time & Work, Profit and Loss, Geometry, Interest (Simple and Compound), Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Trigonometry,|
Number System, Polynomials, speed and Averages, Algebra, Linear Equations, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds and Indices, Set Theory, Permutation and Combination, Complex Numbers, Probability Functions, Probability, Quadratic Equations, Logarithm, Inequalities, Mixtures and Alligations.
Data Interpretation Analysis and interpretation of data based on charts (column, bar, pie), text, graphs (line, area), tables and venn diagram.
|General Knowledge||Economics, Politics, finance, Film & Television, national and international current affairs, Business, Economics, Conventional GK, Company profiles, logos, Who’s who, Constitution of India, Ecosystem and Diversity, Books & Authors, Capitals & Currencies, National Capital, History, Science, National Issues, Important Dates, Personality, Sports, Geography, Culture|
XAT Cut off
- XAT cutoff marks varies category-wise along with sectional cutoff.
- Candidates scoring above the cutoff mark will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Overall Cutoff score for the year 2020 for BM program was 95 percentile while that of HRM was 93 percentile.
- For male candidates and female candidates is 93 percentile for BM and 91 for HRM program respectively.
XAT Exam Center List
For XAT 2021, candidates can choose any 2 test centers at the time of registration. The final center that will be allotted to the candidate will be printed on the XAT 2021 Admit Card.List are given below:-
|Bhilai Nagar||Bokaro Steel City||Dibrugarh||Durgapur|
The results will be declared in the month of January. Candidates need to visit the official website to know the results by using their XAT id and password. The scorecard will be published by thee organizing board mentioning sectional and overall percentile. Candidates need to keep this scorecard till the admission process is over. Qualified students can print the scorecard or even get a hard copy of the result by paying an extra amount of 300 INR to the organizing committee.
XAMI (Xavier Academy of Management Institutions) colleges are the management institutes that come under the Xavier Trust or the Jesuit Society. Below is the list of the 11 XAMI members:-
|SL||XAT ASSOCIATE INSTITUTE||LOCATION||WEBSITE|
|1||Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Chennai||www.liba.edu|
|2||St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR)||Mumbai||www.sfimar.org|
|3||St. Joseph’s Institute of Management||Bengaluru||www.sjim.edu.in|
|4||St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology||Mangalore||www.aimit.edu.in/|
|5||Xavier Business School (XBS), St.Xavier’s University ,Kolkata||Kolkata||www.sxuk.edu.in|
|6||Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University||Bhubaneswar||www.xub.edu.in|
|7||Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||Bengaluru||www.xime.org|
|8||Xavier Institute of Management & Research||Mumbai||www.ximr.ac.in|
|9||Xavier Institute of Development Action and Sciences (XIDAS)||Jabalpur (M.P)||www.xidas.in|
|10||XLRI Xavier School of Management||Jamshedpur||www.xlri.ac.in|
|11||Xavier Institute of Social Service||Ranchi||www.xiss.ac.in|
Apart from these Institutes many colleges accepting XAT score for mba admission.These 70+ associate college list can be find on the official website :- Click here for list