Doing Distance MBA or Distance Learning in Management Course may help you to get a better future or a better career option, if you have done it seriously with your full capability.
Hence, there is a huge difference between MBA in distance mode and in regular mode, but the degrees you get from both the modes are equally valid and have scope of getting a good job with a hike in your profile and salary.
Firstly MBA offered through distance mode might not be necessarily a master’s degree; it may be a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
Also UGC (University Grants Commission) has mentioned in its guidelines that all the distance learning courses in India which are permitted by DEB (Distance Education Bureau) are valid for the service and employment under the Central Government of India.
Although, the demand for distance education in India increasing tremendously with the passing years. So, various Private and Public universities started offering MBA in different modes i.e. in full time, part time, online, executive and distance MBA or distance learning MBA.
Why to choose Distance MBA and not Regular MBA?
Most of the aspirants opt for Distance mode because it is more flexible and has low fees. And doing Regular MBA is not flexible and also has high fees. But, the degrees aspirants get in both the modes are equally valid and have same scope of getting a job.
What is the scope of Distance MBA? This question arises in the mind of every aspirant but, Doing MBA from Distance mode is more helpful for those who are working and has to do their masters or post graduation for getting a hike in their profile or salary.
Thus, this doesn’t mean that aspirants who are not working or not doing any job can’t pursue MBA in distance mode. As you can, upgrade your qualification skills to make a better career options.
Types of Distance MBA Courses Available
Top Distance MBA Colleges in India that will offer you the following types of distance courses:-
- MBA /PGDM (2-year course)
- 1-year PGD in Business Administration (PGDBA)
- 3-month or 6-month certificate courses
Eligibility for doing Distance MBA
The eligibility criteria for Distance MBA programme varies from institute to institute:-
- Degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university.
- Those who are working or have minimum 3 years of work experience
- Some institutes offer admission to Distance MBA on the basis of MBA entrance exam scores such as CAT, XAT, GMAT, JMET or MAT and many more.
Career Scope after Distance MBA
What is the scope of Distance MBA? The answer to this question is given below with the list of some of the career and job prospectus in the given sectors after Distance MBA:-
|Private Sector||Financial Research Analyst|
|Information Security Analyst|
|Operations Research Analyst|
|Credit Risk Management Analyst|
|Operations & Project Management|
|IT Sector||ERP Consultants|
|Business Development Manager|
Distance MBA Universities
Given below is the List of Distance MBA University in India that will offer you best scope after MBA:-
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, (NMIMS)
- Institute of Management Technology,(IMT) Ghaziabad
- Amity University, Distance and Online Education
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Sikkim Manipal University, (SMU)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, [BITS] Pilani
- Annamalai University, (AU)
- Mewar University Distance Learning