UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
UPSEE is organized by AKTU (APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University) every year. This state level exam is a gateway for various under graduate and post graduate courses offered by the colleges affiliated under AKTU. From 2021, B. Tech admissions will not be considered under UPSEE score rather JEE Main score.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Body||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam level||State level|
|Exam fees||1300 INR (General/OBC), 650 INR (Female|
|Number of applicants||1,50,000 (approximately)|
|Exam purpose||Admission into 815 colleges|
|Courses offered||MBA/Integrated-MBA/B.Pharm./B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/BHMCT/ BFAD/BFA/MCA|
|No of test cities||57|
|Exam helpline desk||1800-180-0161|
|Exam website||upsee.nic.in/ https://aktu.ac.in/|
UPSEE Eligibility Criteria
- An Indian national/ PIO/ NRI foreign candidate can apply for UPSEE.
- The candidate must also be a domicile of Uttar Pradesh (have to produce domicile certificate at time of admission) or passed the qualifying exam from an Institute of UP (are only eligible for 20% private seats).
- Foreign nationals need to qualify from an Institute present in the list of Associations of Indian Universities. Along with that also submit a copy of passport as a proof of their nationality.
For all UG and Integrated Courses
- Applicants must have 12th standard exam or equivalent with 45% or more as aggregate marks in compulsory subjects.
- To enroll into B.Arch, applicants must have scored 50% marks or more as aggregate in compulsory subjects.
For all PG Courses
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree with aggregate marks of 50% or more in relevant subjects.
For Lateral Entry Courses
- Applicants must possess a 3 years full-time diploma in engineering/pharmacy or BCA/B.Sc (IT/CS)
- They must have completed 12th standard and their parents must be a domicile of UP.
UPSEE Exam Important Dates
|Release of Online application||4th week of January 2021|
|Last date to fill the application||Last week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit the fee||1st week of April 2021|
|Application correction window||Last week of March to 1st week of April 2021|
|Admit card issue||4th week of April 2021|
|Exam date||Last week of April to 1st week of May 2021|
|Release of answer key||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||Till the 1st week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2021|
|Counseling starts||Last week of June 2021|
- Candidates need to visit the official website and complete the registration by providing all the necessary details like name, address, phone number, educational qualification, category, experience etc.
- Applicants are then required to upload the photograph and signature of required dimensions along with the left thumb impression.
- After filling all the details candidates are then required to finally submit the form by paying the application fees. For general candidates and OBC, application fees is 1300 INR and for female, SC, ST or PWD candidates 650 INR is the application fees. All the payment can be done by net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
UPSEE Exam Pattern
UPSEE is conducted through offline mode where the candidates are provided total time duration of 3 hours for Paper 1 and 2, 2 hours and 30 minutes for Paper 3 and for rest all papers 2 hours.
Different papers and mark distribution is mentioned below:
|Paper||No. of Question||Total marks|
|Paper 1||50 each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||600|
|Paper 2||50 each in Physics, Chemistry and Biology||600|
|Paper 3||50 each in Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity 2 questions on drawing aptitude Total questions: 102||600|
|Paper 4||100 MCQs||400|
|Paper 5||100 MCQs||400|
|Paper 6||100 MCQs||400|
|Paper 7||100 MCQs||400|
|Paper 8||100 MCQs||400|
For every correct answer 4 marks are awarded and there is no negative marking. There is no time limit regarding any specific section as well.
Laws of Motion, Motion in one dimension, Gravitation, Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis, Oscillatory motion, Wave, Current Electricity, Modern Physics, Electromagnetic induction, Magnetic Effect of Current, Measurement, Linear Momentum & collisions, Motion in two dimensions, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Heat and thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetism in Matter, Ray Optics and optical instruments, Wave Optics, Work, Power and Energy.
Chemical Bonding, Electrochemistry, Catalysis, Acid-Base Concepts, Preparation and Properties, Thermo-chemistry, Isomerism, Polymers, IUPAC, General Organic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Colligative Properties of Solution, Colloids, Redox Reactions, Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics.
Algebra, Calculus, Vectors, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Statics and Dynamics.
Biology:- Ecosystem, Genetics, Ecology, Anatomy of Root, Stem, Leaf, Important Phylums, Protoplasm, Plant Cell, Fruits, Seeds in angiospermic plants, Cell differentiation Plant Tissue and Photosynthesis.
Zoology:- Applied Biology, Mammalian Anatomym, Coelenterata, Aschelminthes, Arthropoda, Origin of Life, Protozoa, Animal Physiology, Porifera, Annelida, Comparison between Periplaneta and Blatta, Organic Evolution & Mechanism.
UPSEE Test Center List
|Within Uttar Pradesh||Outside Uttar Pradesh|
|Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)||–|
The results for UPSEE 2021 will be declared in their official website which the candidates need to visit regularly. All the details regarding score, cutoff, rank etc. are mentioned in the site. Applicants need to download the result and keep that for future reference.
- Minimum cut-off score for UPSEE examination for general/OBC and ST/SC candidates are 25% and 20% respectively.
- Students who have secured more than the cut-off score will be eligible for further admission process.
- Cut-off score list depends upon the number of students applied for the course, seats available and performance of the students in the examination.