The mode of Distance Learning itself signifies its mode of learning. In this learning mode, the teacher and leaner can be at different places either through video conference, weakened classes, CDs, etc. Distance mode of education has been a boon for students or professionals who intend to pursue their higher degree but are unable to attend classes. Time flexibility, cost affordability are some of the major factors which drives the students towards distance mode of learning.
Distance learning education is one of the most well accepted education system in the country nowadays. In India, there are different Universities, Colleges and Institutions who are offering various courses (Certificate, Diploma, Post Diploma, Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD) in the field of Arts, Commerce and Science.
Some of the Top Colleges/ Universities offering Distance mode of Education are ;
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Amity University, Noida
- Netaji Subhas Open Universty, Kolkata
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- Nalanda Open University, Patna
- Bharathidasan Unisersity, Tamil Nadu
- Kurukshetra University, Warangal
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai