What is TANCET?
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET is a common entrance exam conducted by Anna University, Chennai for admission to M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan/ ME, MBA and MCA programmes offered by various colleges in Tamil Nadu affiliated to the University. Over 200 colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET scores. Approximately 18,000 MBA seats are offered through the TANCET MBA entrance exam. Around 40,000 MBA aspirants appear for the exam every year. It is one of the top and most sought-after state-level MBA entrance exams. While a majority of the MBA entrance exams are conducted in computer-based mode, TANCET is still a paper-pencil based test. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) to be answered within two hours. TANCET 2021 has been announced on January 6, 2021.
The application process has commenced on January 19 and the exam ended on February 16. The exam will be conducted on March 20 and March 21, 2021. TANCET 2021 hall ticket or admit card has been released on March 5.The Admit card can be download from TANCET official website :- https://tancet.annauniv.edu/tancet/index.html
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for appearing in TANCET 2021 are given below:
- Applicants for MBA and MCA course must have completed his/her graduation from a recognised institute or university in any discipline
- For all other courses, candidates should have completed their BTech/BE from a recognised institute or university in the relevant field
- Those candidates who have completed 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE are also eligible for TANCET 2021
- Candidate must have secured at least 50 per cent marks (open category) and 45 per cent(reserved category) in the Bachelor’s degree exam
- Candidates in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply
There is no age restriction in TANCET 2021
TANCET 2021 MBA Syllabus
TANCET 2021 syllabus is decided by Anna University and is separate for different courses like MBA, MCA, and M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch. / M.Plan. The syllabus for some courses like MBA and MCA are very similar, but with a few key changes.
- TANCET 2021 Syllabus for MBA includes Business Analysis, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and Data Sufficiency.
- TANCET 2021 Syllabus for M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch. / M.Plan. includes specialised subjects depending on the chosen course.
- The pen-paper based exam will have 100 MCQs to be attempted within 120 minutes.
The TANCET 2021 MBA Syllabus includes 4 sections, and for every correct answer you will 1 mark. Every section has 20 questions, so the total amount of questions was around 100 questions.
|Business Analysis||There is no predefined syllabus. You will be given business situations in paragraph form, with a few questions|
|Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence Corrections, Idioms, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution,|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory|
|Data Sufficiency||There is no set syllabus. Number Systems, Arithmetic Topics, and Algebra. Questions on topics of Data Interpretation like Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, and Tables|
Sectional Topics of TANCET MBA 2021
|2||Problem Solving||Binomial Theorem|
|LCM and HCF Linear Equations|
|Speed, Time and Distance|
|Surds and Indices|
|Functions and Graphs|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Work|
|Profit and Loss|
|Geometry(focus on Triangles)Set Theory|
|3||Verbal Ability||Sentence correction|
|Parts of speech|
|Exceptions in English grammar|
|Synonyms and Antonyms|
|4||Analysis of Business Situation||This section will assess the business perspective of the candidates|
|Passages of 300 words each will be asked and will include 20-30 questions based on business|
|5||Data Sufficiency||Basic mathematics will be asked and it is data-centric|
|It includes the questions with two statements, in which students will have to derive the conclusion based on the set of options provided|
TANCET MBA 2021 Exam Dates
TANCET 2021 has been announced on January 6, 2021. The application process has commenced on January 19 and the exam ended on February 16. The exam will be conducted on March 20 and March 21, 2021.