TNOU Distance Education MBA/PGDM Admission 2019 – Eligibility | Fee Structure| Last Date to Apply
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is an Indian University situated in Tamil Nadu, India. The university is one of the best Institute for open and distance learning. The University was established by the Legislative Assembly of Tamil Nadu under Act 27 of 2002. The University is recognized by UGC in 2015 and is one the few universities approved to offer distance learning outside its state of establishment. The University offers 117 programmes which range from certificate courses to post-graduation. The programmes offered by TNOP is recognized by Distance Education Council (DEC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
TNOU Distance MBA Course Offered
- Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) offers Two Years Distance MBA programmes under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) with the following specializations:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Note: Each student can opt only for one specialization form the above list.
2. MBA in Logistics Management
TNOU Distance MBA Key Factors
TNOU follows a unique multimedia approach for distance MBA instructions which includes:-
- Self- Learning Materials: The University supplies each student with printer study materials for enabling them self-learning for both theory and practice. The study materials can be collected from the study centers of the University.
- Counseling Sessions: TNOU organizes regular counseling sessions at various centers throughout the state for the students. The session is held by University experts with the main object to give students the opportunity to clear their doubts and queries. The session is held during the months of March-May and September- November.
- Practical/ Project Work: For a better understanding of the concept the students are also given practical and projects relevant to their subject. Practical examinations are held at the designated institutes as per the schedule of the University.
TNOU Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The University has established multiple Study Centers throughout Tamil Nadu to assist the students in the admission in various distance programmes. The academic activities of the University are carries in two admission cycles i.e. Calendar year cycle commencing in the month of January and Academic Year cycle commencing from the month of July.
The application form along with Prospectus is issued separately for the above two admission cycles. The applicants can obtain the application form and prospectus from the study center on payment of Rs. 100/- per application. No request for refund of paid application fees will be entertained in any circumstances.
The application form is to be submitted by the student after filling all the mandatory information and attaching the attested copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of 10th, 12th and graduation
- Recent passport size photo of the applicant
- Group A or Group B officers of the Tamil Nadu Government or Government of India
- Members of the Syndicate, Boards of Studies and Academic Councils of the TNOU
- Teaching and non teaching staffs of the TNOU
- Co-coordinators of respective Study Centers
The applicant has to submit the filled application form along with the University copy of the Challan at the University approved study center or admission wing of the University at Chennai by post or in person.
TNOU Distance MBA Admission Eligibility
The only eligibility for the candidates applying for distance MBA offered by TNOU under ODL is that candidate must have passed his graduation from any UGC recognized Universities. The candidate will be required to submit the degree for verification at the time of admission.
TNOU Distance MBA Fees Structure 2019
|S. No.||Programmes||Total Fees (INR)|
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|1.||Master in Business Administration||10,500/-||10,500/-|
|2.||M.B.A. in Logistics Management||12,000/-||12,000/-|
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) Review
The University was established with a positive object to begin a new regime of educating individuals who are not able to opt for regular education or who are not so fortunate enough to complete their education. The University offers distance education in almost all the disciplines which helps professionals from all the professions to continue education. The University also grants scholarships to students for ST/SC students as per government rules.