What is Part-Time MBA?
MBA or Master in Business Administration is a world-wide recognized business oriented course for students in management and business field. This course enhances the managerial ability and skills of the students to successfully lead the business sector. Part-time MBA course is basically designed for students who cannot opt regular or full-time MBA and are willing to accomplish more prosperity in the current position. It will also help the working professionals in achieving promotion, receive higher salary and opportunities in their fields as they have sole chance by amalgamating the skills obtained from the course with their day-to-day roles. Part-time MBA course is highly favorable as it removes the barrier from regular class-room based education. Nowadays a number of colleges, institutions and universities are offering part-time MBA looking into its popularity and demand
Part Time MBA Course Duration
Part MBA/ PGDM courses last up to 2 to 3 years. As major part time classes are not conducted regularly as compared to regular courses so the duration can even extend up to 5 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Part-Time MBA/PGDM Course
Candidates have to fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria to apply into various part-time MBA courses offered by various institutions or colleges across the nation;
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized University.
- The minimum percentage of marks accepted for admission is 50 % or equivalent CGPA.
- Applicants must also have a minimum experience of 3 to 5 years.
- Certain colleges even have an age restriction (not be less than 27 years and not more than 50 years) which the applicants can be know from the respective college websites.
- applicant must have a valid score card in CAT/GMAT/XAT/MAT.
Specialization in Part-time MBA/PGDM Program
Different colleges offer various specialization in the field of part-time MBA. Some of them are mentioned below;
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Data Analytics and Digital Technologies
- Finance and Accounting
- Health care
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Business
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
Benefits of Part-Time MBA Course
Part-time MBA provides numerous benefits:
- Time saving: One of the most important benefits of distance MBA is timing. A person who is already indulged in work makes it difficult for him/ her to complete his/ her academic career. So, distance MBA helps the person to study according to his/ her time preference.
- Affordable: Major Institutes across the nation offer affordable distance MBA course which helps the candidates to enroll into it without any second thoughts.
- Online studying: Students can even take the benefit of online classes which is majorly not possible in case if regular courses.
- Study during job: Distance MBA helps candidates to engage in studies even if the person is in a job.
Scope of Part-time MBA Course
- Part-time MBA courses have a numerous scope in various sectors. One such area is government jobs. Many professionals who wish to acquire a job in government sectors like airports, PSUs, banks etc. can easily apply along with the students who have a full time MBA degree.
- Sectors like finance, insurance, human resource, accounting, risk management, etc. also have many engagements where a candidate with part time MBA degree can apply.
- Part-time MBA with International Business can even help the applicants get a job in regards to areas like shipping, consultancy, export, import etc.
Placement Opportunities after Part-Time MBA Courses
Candidates with part-time MBA degree can apply in various private or governments sectors. This degree has helped many individuals in acquiring promotions as well. But some of the major sectors were part-time MBA has been offering recruitments in the recent times are PSUs, railways, banking sector, product design, insurance, architecture, advertising, finance, software, software development, consultancy, human resource, sales, production, marketing, public relation, Information Technology, media communications, call centers, counseling, Entrepreneurship, Marketing Analysts, SEO optimization. and many more.
Some of the major recruiters are;
- Asian Paints
- Godrej and Boyce Mfg. Co.
- Grey Orange
- Hindustan Unilever (HLL)
- ITC Limited
- Larsen & Toubro (L & T)
- Mahindra and Mahindra
- Reliance Industries
- Tata Motors
- Trident Group
- UltraTech Cement
Top IIM Colleges for Part-Time MBA Course
Part-time MBA courses are also offered by a number of IIM branches. The criteria for selecting candidates into the various specialisation is completely based on the work experience along with valid CAT or GMAT score or must have passed the entrance exam conducted by the respective institute.
|Name of the Institute||Courses offered|
|IIM Bangalore||Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM)|
|IIM Indore||Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX)|
|IIM Kashipur||Master of Business Administration for Working Executives (MBA WX)|
|IIM Kozhikode||Executive Post Graduate Programmes (EPGP)|
|IIM Lucknow||Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPM-WMP)|
|IIM Tiruchirapalli||Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM)|
Top Part-Time MBA Colleges
Following are some of the other colleges offering part-time MBA courses. Selection of students into these colleges are completely based on various criteria’s like; marks obtained in their undergraduate degree, qualifying marks in the entrance exam and preferential work experience.
|Name of the Institute||Courses offered|
|FMS Delhi||MBA Executive|
|IFIM Bangalore||PGDM for Working Professionals|
|Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences, Rohini||MBA|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||MBA|
|LBSIM New Delhi||PGDM|
|MIT Art Design and Technology University||MBA|
|NMIMS Mumbai (School of Business Management)||MBA|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata||MBA|
|Shoolini University, Solan||Executive MBA|
|SP Jain School of Global Management, Mumbai||Executive MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||MBA Executive|
|University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata||MBA|
|VELS University, Chennai||MBA|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||PGDM (BM)|