Panjab University Distance MBA Admission 2020
Panjab University is a state collegiate university situated in Chandigarh, India. The University was established in 1882 at Lahore (now in Pakistan) making it one of the oldest universities in India. The university was part of British India. After the partition of India in 1947, the university was separated into two, one in India and another in Pakistan. In 1956 the university was relocated to Chandigarh. At present, the university is located in Sector 14 and sector 25 of the Chandigarh spreading across an area of around 550 acres. Panjab University has been recognized by the University Grant Commission (UGC). National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the Panjab University. The University is one of the oldest and best University for MBA courses. The University has a reputation of providing the best placement in the region. The University offers various programs in almost all disciplines such as Science, Commerce, Arts, Biology, etc. The University started its distance education in 1971 with the object to take university-based education beyond the four walls of the University. The university offers the best MBA program in India.
Panjab University Distance MBA Admission 2019
Panjab University offers distance MBA (Executive) programmes with an option of following specializations as listed below:
|1.||Marketing and International Business||2 Years|
|3.||Human Resource Management||2 Years|
The total available seat for distance MBA programme is limited to 500 seats plus 50 seats for NRI.
Panjab University Distance MBA Mode of Instruction
- Study Material: Once the candidate is successfully admitted in the distance MBA programme will be provided with the printed study material either through registered postal cover or the student may collect it personally from the campus.
- Assignments: Enrolled students are given assignment which is based on the subject and submission of these assignments are mandatory as on the basis of theses assignments internal assessments is awarded. Students are given assignments along with study material which is to be submitted before due date otherwise they will not be awarded internal marks.
- Personal Contact Programme (PCP): The University organizes PCP at a regular interval in every semester to give an opportunity for students to interact with faculties of the subject and clear their doubts. The final date and time of PCP will be shared with students at the time of admission. Although attendance in PCP is not compulsory.
- Response Sheets: The study material contains response sheets which the student are advised to attempt and mail it back to the University. Attempting these sheets does not contain any marks but the students may attempt and the faculty will evaluate the response sheets. It is intended to help students in preparing for the examination.
Panjab University Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The student willing in taking admission in distance MBA offered by Panjab University need to apply online from the university website. To visit the website click here.
After reading all the instructions the candidate is required to fill the Application-cum-Examination form after which you will receive Login ID and Password on registered phone/email.
Login to the admission account through the provided ID and password. Select the course of choice and pay the prescribed registered fee. The fee can be paid through online as well as offline mode like Net-banking, credit card/Debit card or through fee-Challan in State Bank of India.
Next step involves taking a printout of the complete Admission-cum-Examination form and reaching the spot verification of Original documents/certificates.
Panjab University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility
A Bachelor or Master Degree in any discipline from Panjab University or any other recognized institute with a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate (45% in case of ST/SC/BC/PWD candidates).
Panjab University Distance MBA Fees Structure 2020
|S. No.||Particulars||I -Semester||II -Semester||III -Semester||IV- Semester|
Panjab University Distance MBA Rewards and Review
The University offers the best education to its students through distance learning. The university has an Educational Media Centre (EMC) which produces Audio lessons and Video Programmes. The university runs its own radio station, Radio Jyotirgamaya 91.2 acting as a unifying agent amongst the university faculty, students and community. Times Higher Education Asian University ranking has ranked PU 1st among Indian Universities and 38th in Asia in the year 2015. The University is ranked 1st position in India and in the bracket 276- 300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014- 2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It is also ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS and Emerging Economies. The university has also given notable personalities to the nation such as,
- Vikram Batra, Param Vir Chakra awardee
- Hargobind Khorana, Nobel Laureate Biotechnologist
- Manmohan Singh, former Prime Minister of India
- Kalpana Chawla, NASA Astronaut
- Many more.
Panjab University Distance MBA Admission Eligibility
TELEPHONE: +91 172 2541143, 2534301