In recent years, it has been seen that different business sectors are improving and changing. This changing environment has resulted in the demand of new leaders and professionals who can manage and tackle the problems relating to the business world. For the required reason, many companies and corporate bodies are recruiting MBA students to solve and manage their companies well.
What is an Online MBA?
With the development of technology in the last decade, the internet has played a major role in the development of academics. Due to the increase in the demand of MBA in the recent times’ many institutes across the country are offering online MBA courses to students as well as working professionals so that they can manage work and studies at the same time. In an online MBA, the curriculum remains the same; only the mode of teaching is through various online platforms. Students can learn according to their time and their place without any difficulty.
Eligibility Criteria for Online MBA/ PGDM Program
The following are the eligibility criteria for an online MBA course:
- The candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks as aggregate (45% for reserved category).
- Final year students can even apply.
- Certain MBA Institutes may ask for an experience like 3 to 4 years.
- Candidate must have a proficiency in English as well.
- No age restrictions.
- Some Institutes also enrol students who have qualified entrance exam like CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, etc.
Duration of Online MBA Courses
The duration of online MBA courses varies from 12 to 20 months depending on the Institute or type, of course, the candidate is enrolled into.
Online MBA Courses
Online MBA course is offered to both professionals and amateurs. Depending on the requirements of the applicants, various courses that are offered under online MBA are:
- One year Executive MBA Training (for working professionals)
- One year Online MBA Training.
- Two years of online MBA Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Program (PGP)
Specializations in Online MBA / PGDM Program
The following are the various specializations that are found under the online MBA course:
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Media and Advertising
- Supply Chain
- Banking, Insurance, and Investment
- Rural and Agribusiness
- IT Project
- Travel and Tourism
- Public Accounting
- Mass Communication
- Foreign Trade and Global Management
Benefits of Online MBA course
There are numerous benefits of online MBA. Some of them are listed below:
- Interaction: Many have the misconception that online courses hamper the students’ social attitude. But various institutes have events like meet your class, fairs, conferences etc. which can help students to interact well and neglect the cons of an online class. Online classes even allow students to have interaction with international faculties, students and hence help the students have global exposure.
- Quality: Online classes have helped many faculties and institutes to collaborate internationally and hence provide training to students. This has truly helped to increase the quality of teaching.
- Affordable: A normal MBA regular course from a good/well-known Institute costs a lot. This has many a time played a hindrance in the educational path of the students. But online MBA courses have been affordable to students even if good Institutes of the country offer it. As a result, many students can improve their educational career and achieve their dreams and posts.
- Flexibility: Students who are already in jobs and wish to work and study at the same time, an online MBA is perfect for them. This course can be taken according to our preference. There are many flexible course timings offered by various Institutes, so accordingly students can opt for the course.
Reputation: Nowadays, many good Colleges, Universities and Institutes are offering online courses, so id students get enrolled into one such Institute then they get good exposure to a good number of recruiters. Even certain corporate bodies even hence provide good posts and incentives after you get a degree from such Colleges.
Scope of Online MBA course
MBA field always provided huge scope for students as online MBA curriculum is no different, so its importance and scope are not far behind. A student with an online MBA degree can opt for jobs in the public sector or private sector. There are various fields where students can extend their talent and caliber like sales, marketing, retail, fashion, software, human resource, export, import, real estate and many more. Numerous government jobs like banking, insurance, railway etc. fields have various scope for management students.
Placement Opportunities after Online MBA Courses
The various jobs that a candidate with an online MBA degree can acquire are:
- Cash managers
- Financial Advisors
- Marketing managers
- Investment bankers
- Brand manager
- Risk and Insurance managers
- Human Resource management
- Market research analyst
- Media Planning
- Product Manager
- Chief Financial managers
- Corporate controller
- Public relation specialist
- Accounting Manager
Top IIM Colleges for Online MBA course
IIM Ahmedabad is offering an online MBA course. This program is named as ePGP (ePost Graduate Programme). The fees for the course is 17, 44, 500 INR.
Top IIM Colleges for Online MBA course
Some of the institutes that offer online course are:
|Amity University Online, Noida||Post Graduate Diploma in Management/ MBA||68, 000 INR|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Noida||Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||30, 000 INR|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Indore||Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management||25, 000 INR|
|ITM University Online||Master of Business Administration||80, 000 INR|
|Indian School of Business Management and Administration, Hyderabad||Master of Business Administration||49, 900 INR|
|Venkateshwara Open University, Pune||Master of Business Administration||84, 500 INR|
|Dr. D. Y. PatilVidyapeeth, the centre of Online Learning||Master of Business Administration||85, 000 INR|
|NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education, Mumbai||PGDBM||95, 000 INR|
|Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research – Online Distance Learning Centre||Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Hybrid Learning Program||6, 40, 000 INR|