IMU CET 2023 is managed by Indian Maritime University (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test). It is an annual university entrance exam. The IMU CET admits students to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Candidates who apply for the exam may be admitted to programs such as B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc., and others. Only those who have passed the IMU CET will be considered for admission. Qualified candidates can enroll in any of the five campuses, which are located in Cochin, Visakhapatnam, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. In this article, we discussed the IMU CET 2023 application process, eligibility criteria, and so on.
Application Form for IMU CET 2023
Candidates can review the following information about the IMU CET 2023 Application Form:
- The IMU CET 2023 application form will be available in the fourth week of March 2023.
- The registration form will be made available online. There will be no offline facility to fill out the application form.
- Candidates must fill out an application form with personal information, educational information, course preferences, and so on.
- Candidates must submit scanned images of their signature, photograph, class 10th mark sheet, and so on.
- The application form must be completed and returned by the fourth week of May 2023.
- Print the application form for future use.
- Candidates must pay the application fee online.
- Candidates can pay using payment gateways such as net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- The fee is non-refundable.
How to Register for the IMU CET 2023
Step 1: Go to the IMU CET 2023 website (The link will be given above).
Step 2: Select the “Registration” link.
Step 3: The registration process will be divided into two stages: basic registration and detailed registration.
Step 4: Complete the application form with accurate personal, educational, and communication information.
Step 5: Upload the necessary documents for the IMU CET application form in accordance with the specifications.
Step 6: Pay the application fee online in step six.
Step 7: Print the application form and keep it for future admissions procedures.
IMU CET Application Form 2023 Documents Required
The IMU CET 2023 online application required candidates to submit the required documentation. Examine the documents listed below.
- Class 10 mark sheet as proof of date of birth Class 12 mark sheet/degree certificate Photograph Scanned Signature (wherever applicable)
- SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/General-EWS certificate, scanned (if applicable)
- Other pertinent certificates (wherever applicable)
Eligibility Criteria for IMU CET 2023
Check out the complete eligibility requirements for the IMU CET exam:
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: Male candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 28 (SC/ ST candidates must be between the ages of 30 and 30). Female candidates can apply if they are between the ages of 27 and 30 (SC/ST -32).
- Subjects: Candidates must pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as required.
- Criteria for marks: Candidates must obtain at least 60% in PCM and 50% in English.
For the B.Sc. program:
- The candidate must have completed the 12th grade or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Marks: The minimum marks required for the candidate are 60% in PCM and 50% in English.
- Relaxation: Candidates will be given a 5% reduction in English marks.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Marks: The candidate must have at least 50% in aggregate from a recognized university or institute.
- Age Criteria: There are no age restrictions.
- Relaxation: The eligibility marks will be reduced by 5%. (except English marks).
- Medical Eligibility: All candidates who qualify for this course must submit a certificate of physical fitness from a registered medical practitioner.
2023 IMU CET Exam Pattern
Check out the complete exam pattern for the IMU CET 2023:
Exam Mode: The exam will be administered online (via computer-based testing).
The number of questions in the paper will be 120 in total.
Exam Duration: The exam will last 3 hours to complete the paper. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) are the only type of questions on the exam.
CET 2023 Syllabus at IMU
The IMU CET syllabus varies depending on the subject required for the examination. The UG courses will include questions from the 11th and 12th academic syllabuses, while the PG courses will include questions from relevant UG-level courses.
Syllabus for MBA CET and M.Sc.
- Communication Skills
- Logical Reasoning Based on Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Skill
Tips for Preparation
Candidates who want to prepare well and score well in the IMU CET 2023 should follow the following preparation tips:
- The candidate must complete the exam paper pattern and syllabus information.
- Make a suitable timetable to assist them in managing their time effectively.
- The candidate must obtain high-quality study materials from the market and other coaching facilities.
- Before the entrance exam, the candidate must complete the previous year’s question paper and mock tests.
- When preparing, make a list of the most important points.