GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
GMAT is a widely accepted entrance exam for MBA admissions across the world. This exam clearance can make a candidate eligible to enter 2300+ colleges across the world for MS and MBA course. This exam is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council through online mode.
GMAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|GMAT full form||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Most popular for||MBA courses outside India, check 500 + colleges on Shiksha|
|Also accepted for||MS courses outside India MBA courses in India|
|Conducted by||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based adaptive test|
|GMAT fee||US $250 (INR 18,700 approx)|
|Score Range||Min 200, Max 800|
|GMAT Contact||+91 120-439-7830, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Indian Standard Time|
Email: GMATCandidateServicesAPAC@ pearson.com https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us.aspx
GMAT Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- There is no upper age limit for the exam but the minimum age is 18 years.
- Candidates who are below 18 years can also apply provided; they submit consent from their parents.
- Applicants must be good in English.
- Candidate of any State or Country are eligible for the applying the exam.
- An applicant can appear the above mentioned exam 5 times a year and 8 times in lifetime. The exam can be attempted 16 days after the first held exam.
GMAT 2021 Important Dates
|Last date for form fill up||May 2020|
|Last date to change city for an interview||May 2020|
|Shortlist of Candidates||June 2020|
|Interview dates||June to July 2020|
|Final Results||July 2020|
Applicants can register the exam any time in a year, but as the college begins its academic session in a particular time of the year so the exam needs to complete a year before the admission towards the course.
The registration can done either through mail/ online/ offline/ phone.
- Candidate need to visit the official website.
- Then the applicant needs to create an account and receive a login id and password.
- After successful login, the candidate needs to complete the registration by providing all the necessary details, like address, educational qualification, experience etc.
- After successful completed of registration the candidate needs to pay the fees.
- Candidates who wish for offline mode prefer mail registration.
- The candidate needs to download the form, fill the details and post it with all the required documents to Pearson VUE, Attention: GMAT Program, PO Box: 581907, Minneapolis: MN 55458-1907, USA along with the fees in USD 10 business days prior to the exam.
- After downloading the form, the candidate needs to fax the form, documents and fees to the provided number in the site.
- America: +19526813681, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA): +4401618557301, China: +861061957800, Asia Pacific: +911204001660 are the fax numbers for different countries.
- The organizing body charges $10 for each transaction.
- So, the candidates need to send the documents along with the payment details 10 business days prior to the examination.
GMAT Registration Fees
The registration fees is $250 but if the candidate wants to cancel it then has to pay $80 and if he/ she wants change the date then has to pay an extra of $50. But this year, the exam fees has been reduced to $200.
GMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidate is offered a total of 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete the examination. The entire paper is divided into 4 sections:
|Section||No. of questions||Time (minutes)|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30|
There are two 8 minute break within the exam which the candidate may or may not take.
The detail structure of the four sections is;
Writing an introduction,
Writing body paragraphs,
Concluding your essay
|Integrated Reasoning||Table Analysis,|
Properties of Integers,
Permutation and combinations,
Exponents and roots,
Linear equations etc.
|Verbal Reasoning||Critical reasoning,|
Rhetorical construction of the sentences,
Sentence correction related to finding error or omission,
Reading unseen passages,
Countable Vs Uncountable,
GMAT 2021 Test Center List
Applicants can view the result immediately after appearing the exam but GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score will not be shared at the end of the exam.
The candidates get the option of accepting or rejecting the result. Once the candidate select accept result, them the results are sent to the institution but after rejecting it none can view the result. Applicants receive a scorecard 20 days after appearing the exam.
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, BENGALURU||700+|
|INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, HYDERABAD||700+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, AHMEDABAD||700+|
|BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE, PILANI||700+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, MADRAS||700+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, CALCUTTA||680+|
|S.P.JAIN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, MUMBAI||680+|
|K.J.SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI||680+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE, DELHI||650+|
|INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, GHAZIABAD||650+|
|LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY, JALANDHAR||650+|
|FORE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, DELHI||650+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, INDORE||600+|
|SHAILESH J MEHTA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, Mumbai||600+|
|The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology||770+|
|Harvard University, Massachusetts||730+|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Massachusetts||720+|
|The University of California, Berkeley (UCB)||720+|
|The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||710+|
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)||700+|
|London Business School, London||700+|
|The University oif Melbourne, Melbourne||700+|
|University of Oxford, England||690+|
|University of Toronto||660+|
|National University of Singapore, Singapore||660+|
|The University of British University, Vancouver||650+|
|The University of New South Wales,(UNSW, Sydney||650+|
|The University of Western Ontario, Ontario||600+|
|The University of Sydney, Sydney||600+|