Correspondence MBA or Distance MBA
Distance MBA is perfect for working professionals or those who do not have enough time in the day to be present at classes for up to eight hours. An MBA degree today has become a requirement not only for fresh graduates to kick-start a career but also for working professionals to boost their skills to keep up with the ever-changing business environment. An MBA programme can be pursued in various modes, namely Regular, Distance or Correspondence & Online mode. While a regular MBA programme is of two years & is taught in a daily classroom mode, distance/correspondence and online MBA programmes do not require aspirants to attend classes on a regular basis, which makes it a desirable choice for a large number of working professionals.
Distance MBA (MBA Distance Education) is a beneficial career option for those who are not able to pursue a full-time MBA programme due to many circumstances like lack of money to afford the course, work schedule etc. Distance learning MBA is flexible & affordable option that does not require aspirants to attend the classes regularly.
MBA Distance Education programmes are approved by UG/AICTE. Few universities & institutes in India offer MBA courses in distance mode. Nowadays most of the universities offering distance MBA courses have established placements cells so that aspirants are placed in multinational companies, government jobs etc in profiles like Corporate Associate, Portfolio Manager, Finance Analyst, Credit Risk Manager, Executive, Senior Executive etc.
Types of Distance MBA Courses
There are various numbers of universities and campuses that offer many types of distance courses in the field of management. Here are the points of courses that students can follow to get admission:-
•PGDM/ MBA (two-year duration course)
•One-year PGD in Business Administration (PGDBA)
•Three-month or six-month duration certificate courses
Distance MBA Specialisations
The distance MBA specializations differ from one University to another University but the major specializations are given below:
Eligibility Criteria for Distance MBA
The eligibility criteria for Distance MBA or Correspondence MBA differs from University to University. Usually, a Distance MBA is for two years and can be finished in four years. Here are the points of distance MBA eligibility criteria for the students to get the admission:
- The Students must have completed their graduation from any of the well-known University.
- The work Experience is required but it is not an essential requirement.
- Some of the University provides admission in Distance MBA on the basis of MBA entrance exam scores such as CAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, and many more others.
- Some of the University conduct their own entrance test for the student admission.
Fees Structure of Some Universities.
|The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA-SCE)||Rs 83,000/-|
|The Institute of Management Technology, Centre for Distance Learning||Rs 1,10,000 +GST|
|The Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning||Rs 50,000/-|
|The Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education||Rs 42,500/-|
|The IGNOU||Rs 37,800/-|
|The Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management||Rs84,600/-|
|The Amity University, (Distance Learning)|
|The ICFAI University||Rs 25,000/-|
|The Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance Education – Talentedge, Jaipur||Rs 1,03,225/-|
|The Annamalai University||Rs 14,050/-|
Distance MBA Scope
After completing a distance MBA course, aspirants can choose to work in private, public or government sectors in various numbers of domains listed below:
- Finance – The Banks, Credit Rating Agencies, Insurance companies, trading and Broking Firms, and many more others.
- Marketing – Sales and Marketing departments, advertising agencies, event management companies, and many more others.
- Human Resource Management (HRM) – The students are provided the roles in HR departments of national and multinational companies, recruitment and training agencies, counselling and career development firms, and many more others.
- Operations Management – Production, Distribution, Logistics Departments, and many others.
|Top Companies Top Companies|
|Hindustan Unilever||Hindustan Unilever|
|HDFC Bank||Bosch Ltd|
|Tata Sky||Jindal Steel and Power|
|Corporate Associate||Rs 2, 67,451 to Rs 1,071,953|
|Portfolio Manager||Rs 3,49,077 to Rs 3,031,68|
|Financial Analyst||Rs 2,06,686 to Rs 935,173|
|Credit Risk Manager||Rs 4,95,851 to Rs 2,769,011|
|Executive||Rs 1,43,624 to Rs 469,402|
|Senior Executive||Rs 162,566 to Rs 605,959|
Advantages of Distance MBA
- Everyone can go for Distance MBA: Not like regular MBA, the distance MBA can be done by anyone no matter if they are students, working professionals and any other person who is not able to attend the regular classes.
- Skill improvement: As you all know, an MBA degree has become the finest and premium course in today’s competitive world; so, distance MBA can provide you with the latest tools, technology, methods, and many other facilities.
- Valuable Cost: You all know that the distance MBA or Correspondence MBA is much cheaper as compare to regular MBA because distance MBA does not engage classroom teaching. The distance MBA is suitable or fit for the aspirants from all level of society.
- Recognised by many of the regulatory bodies: The distance MBA courses of all recognized MBA institutes are accredited by the UGC’s Distance Education Bureau (DEB). This is highly recommended to check for UGC approval before taking admission in the distance MBA course.
- There is no loss of employment: The distance MBA courses are mostly taken up by working professionals because it allows them to develop their managerial skills, by obtaining a degree while doing their jobs.
- Time Utilization: The Distance MBA allows students to study without having other important responsibilities and accountability. In this mode of education there is no classroom teaching that’s why education is flexible that allows the students to utilize their time for studying according to their needs.
Limitations of Distance MBA Course
There are assured disadvantages and limitation when it comes to go for the distance MBA course. So, here are the some basic points of limitation given below:
- Status: The distance MBA cannot be given the same status or values as compare to the regular MBA course. As regular MBA is has more value in our country and even out of country.
- Few numbers of Colleges: There are only a limited number of Universities and institutes that provides the finest quality distance MBA courses in India..
Study Matter Provided in Distance MBA
In Correspondence MBA or Distance MBA, students are provided with study material (manually or online) & assignments, which need to be submitted within a given time period. This is followed by semester-wise exams, bi-annual exams or, annual exams.
“Distance-learning business education is a resounding success story. In America, expert universities, such as the University of Phoenix, have hundreds of thousands of postgraduate business students enrolled. In India the total is most likely in the millions,” states a leading world magazine The Economist.