What is Data Science?
Data Science is a comprehensive inquiry appertaining to the cascade of facts and statistics amid the vast quantity of figures and specifics cropped up in a corporation’s vault. It comprehends prevailing relevant perception through crude, and amorphous evidence polished through the systematic, logical, slate, and professional aptitude. The idiom “Data Science” was first devised by William S. Cleveland at the outset of the 21 st Century.
Data Science Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for the postgraduate data science diploma programme:
1. Candidates who have a bachelor’s degree are eligible for the course.
2. Applicants who even want to improve their skills can also apply.
3. A bachelor’s degree holder who works in the field of data science can apply.
4. Other IT engineers who wish to shift their profession into data science and even bear bachelor’s degrees can also apply for the course.
5. Candidates who even carry a postgraduate degree if interested can also apply.
6. Working professionals, if they are willing to study during their work, are also eligible.
Data Science Course Syllabus
Data science is an electric field. It will employ many professionals in the future. Considering its importance and vastness, many areas are included in its course. The following are the syllabus
of the course:
- Data Science Using Python
- Machine Learning and NLP
- Statistical Foundation
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- AI and Deep Learning
- Big Data Storage and Analytics
- Data Visualization
- R, Strata and Tableau
Skills Required for Data Science
Candidates must have certain skills before entering into the world of Data Science:
- Python Coding
- SQL Database/ Coding
- Data Visualisation
- R Programming
- Unstructured data
- Hadoop Platform
Data Science job profiles
Different job opportunities that a candidate can avail after successful completion of the course are:
|Job profile||Annual salary Package|
|Data Analyst||3, 00, 000 – 9, 00, 000 per annum|
|Data Scientist||6, 00, 000 – 17, 00, 000 per annum|
|Data Engineer||7, 00, 000 – 15, 00, 000 per annum|
|Analytics Engineer||6, 00, 000 – 12, 00, 000 per annum|
Top Companies Hiring Data Science
- Fractal Analytics
Data Science Scope in Future
Scope : In recent times, the importance of data science has increased a lot. In major sectors, there is a requirement of a data scientist. They undergo various operations which general IT sector professional are unable to carry. But with the increase in demand, the supply of data scientists is not satisfying. So, generally, the professionals on the job hence end up with a high salary and position in the organization.
It is even expected that the data science market is about to thrive, which is about seven times the current stage in the near future. The average salary of the professionals is expected to be $ 130,000 per year (approximately INR 98, 38,465).
If the student specializes in different fields of Data Science like Data Architect, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, statistician, or Data and Analyst Manager, then he/ she can pursue their professions in the field of Marketing, HR, finance, travel, government policymaking, healthcare and many more.
Future : As the field of data science is very promising, so it is expected to have numerous opportunities in the future. Some of them are:
1. As many companies in the market are adopting an automatic world, so for this purpose, various data scientists will be required to do the job by using machine learning.
2. Data scientists, with the help of machine learning, would make complex algorithm structures and databases simple in the future.
3. In the field of healthcare, medical and related fields, data science will have a great future and, hence, develop the medical field as well.
Popular Data Science Colleges in India
In India, some of the major colleges that offer data science courses are the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore, Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad, International Institute of Information technology (IIIT) Bangalore, AEGIS School of Business.