CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is a national level entrance test. It is conducted by National Testing Agency every year in regular interval of time. This computer based exam is conducted for admission towards different management programs offered by reputed Institutions of the nation. CMAT 2021 is expected to be conducted in the month of January 2021 across different centers of the country.
CMAT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Syllabus||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Logical Reasoning Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability General Awareness|
|Exam Pattern||100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||Rs 1600 (General category male) Rs 1000 (General category female)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into 1005 MBA colleges|
|No. of Test Cities||75|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for CMAT exam;
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/ She must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a well-recognized University.
- The minimum aggregate marks include 50% for general category students and 5 % relaxation for reserved category students.
- Final year degree students can also apply for the exam.
- Along with the above mentioned eligibility criteria Executive MBA courses requires 5 years of experience whereas all other courses have only bachelor’s degree as edibility.
CMAT 2021 Important Dates
|CMAT Events||CMAT Exam Dates|
|CMAT 2021 registration start date||23-Dec-2020|
|Registration end date||22-Jan-2021|
|Image correction||25-Jan-2021 to 30-Jan-2021|
|Admit card download begins||To be announced|
|CMAT 2021 exam||22-Feb-2021 and 27-Feb-2021|
|CMAT answer key release||First week of March, 2021|
|Result announcement||To be announced|
The registration process for CMAT 2021 begins in first week of November 2020 and will continue till second week of December 2020. Candidates need to follow the following steps to complete the registration:
- Candidates need to register themselves on their official website.
- Create a strong password and select a security question.
- Then fill the details and get a registration number which the applicants need to keep for future requirements.
- After registration, candidate is required to proceed with the form fillup where he / she has to provide all the necessary details like date of birth, address, educational qualification, experience, exam center, etc.
- After previewing the form, the applicant is asked to upload the documents at the provided links.
- Finally submitting the form by paying the application fees.
- The application fees for General category students are 1600 INR. For female/ EWS/ OBC candidates the fees is 1000 INR. SC/ ST/ PWD candidates have to pay 800 INR and female SC/ ST and transgender have 700 INR as application fees.
- The candidates can pay the money by credit card/ debit card/ net banking or e- challan method.
CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT exam is conducted for a total time of 3 hours. The entire question paper is divided into 4 sections:
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
All the sections consist of 25 questions. For each correct question 4 marks are awarded and for each incorrect question 1 mark is deducted. There is no sectional time limit for the exam. So, students need to complete all the questions within 3 hours.
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc. Probability HCF & LCM Quadratic and linear equations Geometric Progression Graph Arithmetic progression Simple Interest and Compound Interest Arithmetic mean Percentages Geometric mean Averages Harmonic mean, median and mode Geometry BODMAS Profit and Loss Set Theory Mensuration Ratios and Proportion Fraction and Decimals Work and Time Time-Speed-Distance Number Systems In-equations Alligation & Mixtures Partnership Algebra Permutations & Combinations Pipes and Cisterns|
|Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning Non-Verbal Reasoning Cause and Effects Analogy Test Statements Arguments Direction and Distance Test Number Series Statements Assumptions Coding and Decoding Inferences Sequencing Linear Arrangements Symbol Based Problems Blood Relationship Tests Statements and Conclusion Matrix Arrangements Ranking Tests|
|Language Comprehension||English Grammar Sentence Improvement English Usage Errors Reading Comprehension One-word Substitution Jumbled Para Sentence Correction Paragraph Completion Synonyms and Antonyms Idioms and Phrases|
|General Awareness||History Science in everyday life Politics Economics Trade Awareness Indian Constitution Sports News Current Affairs of National and International Economy Geography Culture Personalities in News|
CMAT Cut off
|Institute||Cut Off Percentiles for 2020||Cut Off Percentiles for 2019|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||99.9+||99.92|
|Goa Institute of Management||95-99||99.85|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research||95-99||99.2|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||95-99||99.06|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi||80||95|
|IFIM Business School, Bangalore||85||85|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||85||82|
CMAT Exam Center List
|MUZAFFARPUR||KAVARATTI||HYDERABAD/SECUNDERABAD/RAN GA REDDY|
|SRINAGAR (J & K)||BERHAMPUR-GANJAM||PUDUCHERRY|
CMAT 2021 results are expected to be released in the first week of February 2021. The candidate needs to visit the official website and link on the link provided. After entering the application number, security pin and date of birth, the applicant can view the results which he/ she can download and keep for future requirements.
The result scorecard includes name, rank, sectional score, total score, sectional percentile and total percentile.
Colleges Accepting CMAT Scores
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai||Taxila Business School, Jaipur|
|K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar|
|N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida|
|Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, Delhi||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai|
|Indus Business Academy, Bangalore||AIMS Institutes, Bangalore|
|JIMS, Rohini-Jagan Institute of Management Studies||Christ University – Institute of Management|