CAT (Common Admission Test)
Exam Date :- 29th Nov 2020
Apply Before :- 23th Sep 2020
CAT or Common Admission Test is an entrance test conducted for the admission of the students into different IIMs and management Institutes of the country. This national level examination is conducted through online mode every year. Different IIMs conduct the exams and the organizing committees are chosen on a rotational basis. CAT 2020 will be conducted on 29th November 2020 and this year’s organizing body is IIM Indore. The medium of examination is English and a total of 2 hours are provided to complete the exam..
CAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducting Institute||IIM Indore|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Fees||Rs 2,000 (General category) and Rs 1,000 (Reserved category)|
|Number of Applications||2.30 lakh (In 2020)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into IIMs, SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, IMT and over 1200 B Schools in India|
|No. of Test Cities||156|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1-800-209-0830 (Toll Free)|
CAT Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria regarding CAT examination:
- The candidates must have passed a minimum of bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized University or equivalent.
- General/ EWS/ OBC caste students must have a minimum of 50% marks as aggregate whereas SC/ST candidates must have a minimum of 45% marks as aggregate.
- Final year students who have can also apply for the exam provided they will be able to submit their certificate at the time of admission.
CAT 2020 Exam Important Dates
|Event||Dates (Officially Announced)|
|CAT 2020 Official Notification||July 29, 2020|
|CAT 2020 Application Form Start||August 5, 2020 (10 am onwards)|
|CAT 2020 Application Form Closing||September 23, 2020 (Uptill 5:00 pm)|
|Release of CAT Admit Card 2020||October 28 – November 29, 2020|
|CAT 2020 Exam Date||November 29, 2020|
|CAT Result Date 2020||Second Week of January 2021 (Tentative)|
The candidates must go through the detailed eligibility criteria before applying for the examination from the official site.
The following are is the registration process:
- The candidate must visit the official website, iimcat.ac.in.
- Candidate needs to create a profile and with the provided user id and password start with the registration process.
- After logging in the candidate must fill up all the necessary details like name, address, educational qualification, work experience etc.
- Photo and signature must also be uploaded following the given format.
- Students must also select their exam centers and finally submit it by paying the application fees.
- The application fees is about 2000 INR for general candidates and 1000 INR for PWD and SC/ ST students which the candidates can pay through credit cards/ Debit cards/ Net banking etc. within the given dates.
- Later the candidates can even edit the forms regarding any changes they wish to make within the provided time slot by the organizing committee.
CAT 2020 registration was started on 5thAugust 2020 and was extended till 23rd September 2020.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The above mentioned exam is conducted through online mode. Candidates are provided a total time of 60 minutes to complete the exam. There are special questions as well as MCQ type questions in the paper which the applicant is required to attempt.
The entire question paper is divided into 3 sections:
- Quantitative and Data sufficiency and data interpretation
- General English
- Analytical and logical reasoning
Quantitative section consists of 20 questions. General English contains 15 and Analytical and Logical Reasoning contains 25 questions. All the questions are MCQ type but there are short type questions in data interpretation and data sufficiency.
The syllabus for CAT exam consists of 3 sections. Each sections has various topics, which are given below in a detailed structure.
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||Averages, LCM and HCF, Profit and Loss, Speed, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Pure Math, Linear Equations, Complex Numbers, Progressions, Surds and Indices, Permutation and Combination, Set Theory, Co-ordinate Geometry, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Number System, Geometry, Venn diagrams, Mensuration, Quadratic Equations, Logarithm, Binomial Theorem, Inequalities, Probability, Trigonometry, Functions, Mixtures and Alligations.|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Graphs, Data comparison from Table, Pie charts, Bar charts – Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts, Data Analysis, Team formation, Blood Relation, Calendars, Logical Sequence, Premise, Linear and matrix arrangement, Caselets, Direction sense, Seating Arrangement, Clocks, Binary logic, Assumption, Conclusion, Series, Cubes, Set Theory, Network Diagrams, Quantitative Reasoning, Input-Output, Syllogism, Rows, Venn Diagrams and Puzzles.|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Main idea in the passage, Synonyms-antonyms, Para Summary, Odd sentence out of Jumbled paragraph, Sequence of sentences, Fill in the blanks, Analogies, Sentence Completion, Assumption, Critical Reasoning, Completion of Paragraph, Vocabulary usage, Error Corrections, Jumbled paragraphs, Phrasal meaning & Usage, Inferences, Statements and Arguments|
CAT 2020 Test Center List
CAT 2020 results will be declared in the month of January. Students can get the results through online mode only. Candidates can login and go through the results which include the overall score, sectional score, overall percentile and sectional percentile. This scorecard the candidate must download and keep it till the admission process is over.
NOTE: For other B-school the cutoff scores are yet to be announced. Students can visit the official website for further information.