What is Big Data Analytics?
Big Data is a phrase used to outline a cluster of files that is vast and still expanding proportionally over time. To explain in brief, the data is so colossal and complicated that none of the standard data management hardware can stock it or operate it productively. “Big Data” was initially correlated with three key concepts: volume, variety, and velocity, which was first coined by Roger Mougalas in 2005 from O’Reilly Media.
Big Data Analytics Eligibility Criteria
This course is an emerging field in the branch of software. This course has been newly introduced to the syllabus as compared to the early existing curriculum.
Criteria for Diploma in Big Data course:–
1. Candidate willing to pursue Big Data must have to qualified a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from any discipline from any recognized University/Institute with Statistics/Mathematics as one of their papers.
2. Working Professionals or candidates with analytical aptitude who are willing to start their carriers as analytics with a Bachelor’s degree can also apply for this course.
Big Data Analytics Course Syllabus
Syllabus for Diploma in Big Data The entire syllabus for Big Data is divided into two semesters. An overall outlay for the entire course is given below;
1. Business Statistics with R
2. Foundation course in Business Analytics & Watson Analytics
3. Business Economics
4. Information Management – RDBMS concepts
5. Data Visualization with Cognos Analytics
1. Operations Research
2. Cognitive Computing with AI (ML, NLP, etc.)
3. Data Science with Python
4. Predictive Modelling using SPSS Modeller
5. Big Data Analytics
At the end of each semester, the candidate may have to submit a project based on the curriculum structure offered by a particular institute.
Big Data Analytics Certifications
Various globally renowned organisations conduct courses on Big Data Analytics. These courses help a person to become successful in the field. Few of the such certification courses are as follows:
- Mining Massive Data Sets Graduate Certificate
- Oracle Business Intelligence Certification
- Data Science Council of America Certification
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification
- Hortonworks Hadoop Certification
- Microsoft’s MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
Skills Required for Big Data Analytics
A Data analyst to enter into this profession has to be efficient in certain fields. Some of thesignificant skills a data analyst is supposed to know are:
- Apache Spark
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Apache Hadoop
- Statistical ad Quantitative Analysis
- JAVA Language
- General Purpose Programming Language
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- Data Visualization
Big Data Analytics job profiles
Students or professionals who are willing to pursue a degree in Big Data end up as;
|Job profile||Annual salary Package|
|Data Analyst||7, 00, 000 per year|
|MIS Reporting Executive||2, 95, 000 per year|
|Statistician||7, 08, 012 per year|
|Data Scientist||14, 99, 793 per year|
|Machine Learning Engineer||15, 00, 000 per year|
|Data Engineer/ Data Architect||7, 22, 422 per year|
|Business Analyst||6, 89, 655 per year|
|Big Data Engineer||15, 99, 695 per year|
Top Companies Hiring Big Data Analytics
- The Mitre Corporation
Big Data Analytics Scope in Future
A candidate with a degree in the field mentioned above would emerge as great technicians in Artificial Intelligence and other related areas. This newly emerging field of the 21st century is expected to grow numerous times than its current status in the recent coming years. Statistically, the number of jobs in a particular field is about to reach an all-time high of around eight lakhs in India only. This course will help the degree holders to get a secure and safe job as compared to recent times.
Some other essential job profiles that may emerge in the future are :
1. Quantum computing would require many analysts as skilled data and management
experts would do all its work
2. Data Lakes which is a challenging field but a promising one and will involve many
Popular Big Data Analytics Colleges in India
Following are the most popular Digital Marketing Colleges in India. Learn more about these Digital Marketing colleges (Courses, Reviews, Answers & more) by downloading the Brochure.
|IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management|
|Executive Program on Big Data Analytics|
Total Fees: ₹ 1.79 Lakh | 6 months | Part Time | Apply Now
|Executive Program on Big Data Analytics|
Total Fees: ₹ 1.79 Lakh | 12 months | Part Time | Apply Now