Andhra Pradesh Visakhapatnam is home to Andhra University Distance Education. In 1926, the university was established as a public institution. The UGC has approved a distance learning institution that offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate programmes.
Students can enrol in courses in the humanities, business, sciences, education, foreign languages, information technology, etc. The AU distance education offers a wide range of programmes, such as the BA, BCom, BSc, MSC, MA, MCom, and MHRM.
Andhra university distance education admissions are conducted in the month of October every year. Activities for education in the humanities and social sciences, law, business, science, and technology are provided by the AU SDE Distance Education School at Andhra University.
The university provides BA, B.Com, and BSc UG programmes. At the PG Level, AU SDE provides MA, M.Sc., M.Com, and LLM. It also offers professional classes in the MBA, Executive MBA, MCA, MHRM, and MJMC fields. The university also offers standard graduating courses, PG degrees, certificates, and diplomas.
Andhra University Distance Education Admission Procedure
The Andhra University Distance Education admissions process is a straightforward three-step process that the applicant must follow step by step in order to be enrolled in the university’s relevant courses. The Andhra University’s (AU) Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) is the basis for admission to distant MBA programmes. However, if the applicant was unable to take the ICET, he or she may still apply for admission by passing the entrance test held by the Andhra University School of Distance Education.
Follow these steps to get enrolled:
- Step 1: Visit the university’s website to download the entrance application.
- Step 2: Send the completed application form and a DD for 500 INR payable to the Registrar, AU.
- Step 3: The seats in the counselling session for the relevant admission examination will be allocated to candidates who passed the entrance test.
Even these candidates are required to submit the properly completed application form and the following supporting documentation:
- Certificate of the qualifying exams or a degree
- Payment Receipt for Fees
- Proof of Birth Date
- ID card with a photo attached and a signature in place
- three properly completed address slips
- duplicates of two recent images
Andhra University Distance MBA Courses
The School of Distance Learning offers a two-year MBA programme through Andhra University. Andhra University Distance MBA Courses One of the best distance learning programmes available from a South Indian university.
To improve employment opportunities, a master’s in business administration is a requirement. An MBA fosters analytical thinking, broadens business presenting techniques, and more.
Case studies and other curriculum-related exercises are used to teach these soft skills to students at the university Every field and department must have effective management in order to advance without hindrance. With an MBA, you can work in any industry and move up to better opportunities if you’re willing to take on some obstacles.
MBA from the School of Distance Learning, Andhra University has its own advantage. The School has designed the course in a unique manner, following the guidelines of UGC with the advice and consultation of experts. The specialization offered is of its kind, especially in Hospital Administration.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospital Administration
- Marketing Executive
- Finance Executive
- Human Resource Management Executive.
Eligibility Criteria Needed at Andhra university Distance MBA Admission
The following criteria apply to Andhra University’s distance learning MBA programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% (45% for SC, ST, or BC) from an accredited university is required. The programme will not accept BFA or BA (OL) degrees from Andhra University or any other comparable institution. Candidates with professional qualifications may apply for an MBA. Mathematics must have been required coursework at the SSC or intermediate level.
- One should have taken the entrance exam offered by APSCHE or the Andhra University School of Distance Education.
- After graduating from a qualifying exam and gaining two years of experience, in-service candidates may be admitted. Candidates with five years of work experience following graduation, however, may apply directly.
Andhra University Distance MCA Courses
The Master of Computer Application (MCA) programme at Andhra University is a three-year, full-time postgraduate programme. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with mathematics as a major in order to be eligible for this course, it is a 3-year course
- ICET rank holders or applicants who have passed the entrance exam for an MBA or MCA are eligible.
- Conducted by the Andhra University School of Distance Education with a bachelor’s degree from a university other than AU’s BFA and BA (OL) that AU recognises as being equivalent to those degrees.
- Candidates must be proficient in mathematics at the +2 (Intermediate/PCU) level or have earned a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with mathematics as one of their major subjects of study.
Other Courses offered by Andhra University in Distance Learning
Andhra university distance education courses are numerous with their own specializations and different eligibility. Here is the list of distance courses provided by the Andhra university.
|BBA||10+2||Mini.3 years, max.6 years|
|BCA||10+2||Mini.3 years, max.6 years|
|BA||10+2||Mini.3 years, max.6 years|
|B.COM||10+2||Mini.3 years, max.6 years|
|M.COM||Any bachelor’s degree from a college or university that Andhra University recognises.||Mini. 2 years, max. 5 years|
|MA||Any bachelor’s degree from a college or university that Andhra University recognises.||Mini. 2 years, max. 5 years|
|MSc||Any bachelor’s degree from a college or university that Andhra University recognises.||Mini. 2 years, max. 5 years|
Distance Education of Andhra University's Placement Assistance
Andhra University supports its students in locating work with the assistance of its Training and Placement Cell. Planning activities that might help students find campus posts and investigate other employment genres is a major responsibility of the university.
Andhra University Distance Education Ranking and Reviews:
One of the first universities to be certified by NAAC with an “A” grade, Andhra University has built a reputation for academic brilliance around the world. One of the original organisations in the sphere of higher education was the School of Distance Education, a division of this university that was founded in 1972. It has been working to increase access to higher education for various societal groups dispersed across various geographic locations, particularly in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
This 96-year-old Indian school of higher learning has a selective admissions procedure that is based on entrance exams. Applications from prospective international students are encouraged. In addition, AU offers students a number of academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, accommodation, sports facilities, online courses and other alternatives for distance learning, as well as administrative services.
Several years ago, in 1926, Andhra University was founded to create a framework for higher education. You may find information on all the courses that are offered, along with information on their cost and availability, on this blog. You can now go straight to the university’s distance learning institute’s website.
Ques: Is Andhra University an accredited college?
Ans: Yes, the University Grants Commission has acknowledged Andhra University (UGC).
Ques: Where is the Andhra University campus located?
Ans: The Andhra University’s campus is situated in the Andhra Pradesh city of Visakhapatnam.
Ques: Is the distance learning offered by Andhra University worthwhile?
Ans: The fact that UGC and DEB have authorised Andhra University’s distance learning makes it valuable. Even the NAAC gave the university an A grade.